Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21
    Why does your coffee taste and smell wonderful?

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-19092667_1952088891741564_3233975534602978369_o.jpg

About 70% of coffee production is from smaller farms that produce about 1,000 to 3,000 pounds of green coffee a year from farms that are less than 3 hectares of lands.
    These small farmer are perhaps more defined by those farmers who rely mainly on their own families' labor.
    The biggest problem with these small farms is that when Coffee C pricing drops down below $120.00 (per 100 pound of sorted green exportation standard bean) or bad weathers or coffee rust, many farmers receive prices for their harvest that can be much less than the cost of production which force them into a cycle of poverty and debt.

Let's say that a small farm produces about 2000 pounds a year (green parchment beans) 2000 x $1.35 per pound of parchment beans = $2,700.00 a year for their coffee. And this $2700 is not even their net income. from this, they have to pay fertilizer, coffee rust sprays, ...etc.

So, most of small farmers have another menial jobs they must do in order to make their living.

Africa's Coffee production & consumption chart.

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-151021-africa-coffee-production-consumption-mg.jpg

Most of us knows that the best Geisha comes from Panama. (I would like to say that they are from Guatemala :+) but we all know that is not true). Panama is well known for Geisha all around the world.

But in 2017, Ethiopian Geisha broke the world Geisha Auction price record at $85 per pound. (this is the highest ever for any types of African coffee in the history of coffee trade and auctions). This Geisha was from Overton of Gesha Village Coffee Estate in Gori Geisha forrest!

Well Done! Finally, Geisha went back to where it truly belongs.
    Photo : Rachel & Adam from the Geisha farm owners.

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-racheladam.jpeg

This Video is called "Voice of a mountain". About a small coffee farmers in Santa Anita La Union, Guatemala & explains how they became coffee farmers after 36 years of civil war (1960 to 1996).
    It is bit long video (about 50 min), but this is one of very few good videos about Guatemala's civil war & the people who became coffee farmers.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fq7EDKgCZ-E

Finca Santa Anita La Union (the coffee farm in above video) is located only an hour and a half from the city where I work, Quetzaltenango, Guatemala.
    After watching this Video, I am planning to visit this farm in my next trip to Guatemala (I am leaving on July 6) and hopefully we can help them to find some good customers and make some sort of direct business like Veneziano (my Australian customer) and Finca Potomay in Cuilco, Huehuetenango.

below is a map of the finca (farm) location.

Finca Santa Anita La Unión, Guatemala - Geographical Names, map, geographic coordinates

Page 21 of 21 FirstFirst ... 11 19 20 21

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links