Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast
    Banned
    In most of internet coffee articles, it says that the leading coffee producing countries are Brazil and Colombia. & do not mention Vietnam.

however, here are the real list of biggest coffee producing countries.
    1. Brazil. (2,600,000 metric tons)
    2. Vietnam
    3. Colombia
    4. Indonesia
    5. Ethiopia

Last year, Vietnam produced more than double of what Colombia produced.
    Vietnam produced 1,650,000 metric tons and on the other hand, Colombia produced 810,000 metric tons.

I am just wondering why most of them still says that Leading coffee producing countries are Brazil and Colombia when clearly Vietnam produces more than double the q'ty than Colombia.

is this because the quality of beans are way better in Colombia than Vietnam?
    Does anyone have some opinion on this matter?

Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    In most of internet coffee articles, it says that the leading coffee producing countries are Brazil and Colombia. & do not mention Vietnam.

however, here are the real list of biggest coffee producing countries.
    1. Brazil. (2,600,000 metric tons)
    2. Vietnam
    3. Colombia
    4. Indonesia
    5. Ethiopia

Last year, Vietnam produced more than double of what Colombia produced.
    Vietnam produced 1,650,000 metric tons and on the other hand, Colombia produced 810,000 metric tons.

I am just wondering why most of them still says that Leading coffee producing countries are Brazil and Colombia when clearly Vietnam produces more than double the q'ty than Colombia.

is this because the quality of beans are way better in Colombia than Vietnam?
    Does anyone have some opinion on this matter?
    Hello again Alex and Happy New Year!! Been a while.

I have to say that I've never had coffee from Vietnam however now my interest is peaked.

From what I'm reading from the National Coffee Association they suggest a recent resurgence in coffee production which has grown rapidly since then. Perhaps that's why Vietnam was not mentioned in that article of yours? I wonder.
    National Coffee Association USA > About Coffee > Coffee Around the World
    "There's coffee in that nebula."- Katherine Janeway

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by LoveCoffeeLife View Post
    Hello again Alex and Happy New Year!! Been a while.

I have to say that I've never had coffee from Vietnam however now my interest is peaked.

From what I'm reading from the National Coffee Association they suggest a recent resurgence in coffee production which has grown rapidly since then. Perhaps that's why Vietnam was not mentioned in that article of yours? I wonder.
    National Coffee Association USA > About Coffee > Coffee Around the World
    hi. Happy New Years to you also. (someone said that we can say "happy new year" until Jan 15. I wonder that is true or not....) anyway, yes, Vietnam became such a huge coffee producing country just in last 20 years. actually it is absolutely amazing how fast they grew.... however, unfortunately, their 90% production is low quality Robusta beans, so they are not getting much of credit from coffee importers. As example, when my customers buy robusta beans for their espresso blends, they hardly ever buy from vietman. they mostly buy from India.

anyway good hearing from you. Have a wonderful day.

Super Moderator
    The very first coffee advertisement was a handbill distributed in 1651.
    It says : "the virtue of the coffee drink first publicly made and sold in England, by Pasqua Rosee... in St. Michael's Alley Cornhill...etc"
    Now, it is housed in the British Museum. (I guess those English people never throw anything away... like my mother :+)

Attachment 9180
    I think it's interesting that it says that coffee would prevent miscarriage in childbearing women, and that it's neither a laxative (or refrigerant?).
    We've come a long way since then - in finding out what coffee does and doesn't do.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    We've come a long way since then - in finding out what coffee does and doesn't do.
    yes, just like the ads of Virginia Slims.. ha ha ha.

fortunately, I do not see any ladies smoking in Los Angeles area....

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-z1994a.jpg

Banned
    Your coffee will stay warmer when you add cream.

coffee with added cream cools about 20% slower than plain black coffee. However, since you are adding cold cream/milk into your hot black coffee, even though coffee with cream will cool about 20% slower, you will feel that your coffee with cream will not be as hot as the black coffee while drinking. (however, if you add "hot" cream/milk, of course, it will be a different story :+)

also, when you add cream/milk, it will weaken the effects of caffeine. Our bodies will absorb coffee much slower when it has added fat milk content, which decreases the stimulants.

Super Moderator
    Your coffee will stay warmer when you add cream.

coffee with added cream cools about 20% slower than plain black coffee. However, since you are adding cold cream/milk into your hot black coffee, even though coffee with cream will cool about 20% slower, you will feel that your coffee with cream will not be as hot as the black coffee while drinking. (however, if you add "hot" cream/milk, of course, it will be a different story :+)

also, when you add cream/milk, it will weaken the effects of caffeine. Our bodies will absorb coffee much slower when it has added fat milk content, which decreases the stimulants.
    Alex,

I'm surprised you haven't taken out your trusty thermometer and stopwatch and tested this coffee cooling theory. Or have you done it already???

Rose

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Alex,

I'm surprised you haven't taken out your trusty thermometer and stopwatch and tested this coffee cooling theory. Or have you done it already???

Rose
    ha ha ha. I have done this long long time ago. few years back. Just do not remember all the data to write them now now. thanks for asking.

Banned
    I got to say that Monsoon Malabar was THE most unusual coffee that I have ever tasted. (in 2014, I have tried in Anacafe in Guatemala city, Guatemala)

If you are a fan of an earthy coffee, then, this might be it. Spicy, smoky and chocolaty and it is going to blow your taste buds once you try really good premium Malabar. (yes, there are some real bad ones)

The harvested seeds are exposed to the monsoon rain and winds for 3 to 4 months, causing the beans to swell up and lose the original acidity, resulting in ... practically NEUTRAL pH balance.

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-13.jpgInteresting facts about coffee around the world-21.jpg

Banned
    here are some photos of the different process parchment bean colors.
    the Natural is not parchment coffee. it is entire dried up coffee cherry. In order to peel the dried up cherry to make parchment coffee, it takes special milling machine to do it. we can not use same milling machine as the other parchment coffees.

Interesting facts about coffee around the world-11111.jpg

Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 33 41 42 43 44 45 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links