Best Android app for learning Spanish

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I am hoping to accompany Alex (Ensoluna) to Guatemala...at least for a week or two...in the selling/harvest season 2017, and am looking to add to my very limited language skills. Any recommendations for an Android app that would make the process more Peaberry friendly? :coffee:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi Mr. Peaberry,

How limited are your language skills?

An Android app called duolingo is interactive and very basic. Depending on your enthusiasm and dedication, you can get through the equivalent of a year of college level Spanish in record time. You can use it on your phone, and you can also access it on a laptop or desktop. The website is duolingo.com

I think I remember someone posting something here on this Coffee Forum that had a link to a website that had Spanish vocabulary that was coffee related. Of course, if it still exists, I'll probably never be able to find it again.

Rose

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
Hi Rose,

Yes...that was the Kickstarter campaign for Coffee Spanish. I'm definitely interested in that too, but I just want something interactive I can upload onto my phone. I did see Duolingo and will give that a go based on your mention. I'll let you know how it goes. Language skills are "very" limited...negligible, atrophic...

mawil1013

Jan 25, 2014
Charlotte, NC
Visit site
I am hoping to accompany Alex (Ensoluna) to Guatemala...at least for a week or two...in the selling/harvest season 2017, and am looking to add to my very limited language skills. Any recommendations for an Android app that would make the process more Peaberry friendly? :coffee:

Google makes an App called Translate, it will download Spanish in case no cellular, and you can perform conversation, going back and forth in english then spanish, it's free, check it out.