What do you enjoy with your coffee?

kahveman

Aug 21, 2016
TN, USA
Visit site
I am a Turkish coffee drinker and Turkish coffee is known to be enjoyed with Turkish delights (confections based on a gel of sugar that comes in different flavors and varieties). I also enjoy my coffee with pistachios and sometimes cheesecake.

What do you like to enjoy with your coffee?

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
for me, carrot or German chocolate cake with black coffee (French press or V60), but not often.

BTW, how do you make a great Turkish coffee? I know there are tons of instructional video in Youtube.
but just wondering that you might have some special method.
thanks

kahveman

Aug 21, 2016
TN, USA
Visit site
This is the best instructional video I have seen online: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OOaI8JC1_EE

Surprisingly, many of the videos online are inaccurate and show wrong ways of making Turkish coffee.

Here are additional tips to making a great cup:

1. Shy away from using packaged and ground Turkish coffee, they tend to use low-quality beans and since the beans are already ground you aren't getting the most optimal flavor. Light to medium roast beans are best. Shouldn't be a problem for you since you are close to a coffee farm.
2. The spices are my favorite part because they are what add the unique flavor. Ground cardamom is the main and only spice used. I make my own special blend of different spices. The blend I use is a vital part of my business so I will have to keep them disclosed for now :)
3. Never use tap water, it can hinder the brew and flavor of the coffee greatly. Always use filtered (I use water from a Brita pitcher)
4. Add all your ingredients first before putting the pot on the stove. If you are going to use sugar, I recommend only using organic cane.
5. Only mix the pot once you've placed it on the stove, and you should never have to mix it after that
6. Don't let it boil. This is the most common mistake. The slower it is brewed the richer the flavor.

friedcoffee

Jan 12, 2016
India
Visit site
So that were good instruction to make the Turkish coffee perfectly.
It's all in all a personal taste that wraps with you coffee. For me it's Cinnamon-Sugar pastry pockets that taste best with coffee.

riderpaul

Aug 29, 2016
Visit site
Any chocolate or sweet related to be honest. It's also nice to eat a slice of bread with some cheese while drinking your morning coffee :)
Cake is probably the best, though!