How do I make hazelnut coffee?

JimTrail

Jun 28, 2011
Visit site
Hello Coffee Forums!

Question: What is the best way to make hazelnut flavored coffee?

I can purchase roasted, unsalted hazelnuts at Trader Joes. My local Trader Joes store has also got raw hazelnuts.

An article at Mr. Coffee dot com says to grind hazelnuts along with your coffee beans. However, it doesn't say whether to use roasted or raw hazelnuts.

I am not sure simply grinding the hazelnuts along with the coffee would work.

I was thinking about doing the following:

Ingredients
One pound of roasted hazelnuts
One gallon of water

Instructions: Place the hazelnuts and water into a pressure cooker. Cook for 20 to 30 minutes. Then take the water and use it to make coffee.

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Remind me not drink coffee at your house. I hate hazelnut! If you brew your coffee with flavored water future brews will taste of flavors. If you want flavored coffee...buy flavored coffee.

lbeery

Nov 1, 2016
Visit site
Flavor Dynamics makes a great organic hazelnut flavor for beans. Do a 3%-5% ratio depending on your taste, and use metal or glass bowls and utensils.

Sent from my SM-G900P using Tapatalk

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
There are a lot of different flavoring companies out there like Flavor Dynamics. Flavormatic, Silesia are a couple of other ones that also make high quality flavorings. The problem is they are looking for making flavors at home. The smallest amount you can buy from these companies is like a pound or 2. That would last FOREVER! If they were to buy these flavorings they would be paying a premium due to the volume. Best for them to just buy flavored coffee.