Just Ordered a New Grinder - Thanks for the Recommendations

m2244

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
Hello,

I just ordered the Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder based on a recommendation in this forum.

It's Thanksgiving morning and so far I've been to the store to buy real butter so my wife could make banana bread, I've learned about the passing of a wonderful uncle, I've read about coffee, I'm drinking some hot coffee as I write this, and in about an hour I'm heading to my wife's parents for Thanksgiving dinner.

I just wanted to wish everyone a happy day, and thanks again for the recommendation.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hello m2244,

It's always fun to buy a new toy.

After you have a chance to test it out, please let us know how you like your new Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder.

I hope you had a nice Turkey Day.

Rose

m2244

Jan 3, 2014
Visit site
*** Review Update ***

Now that I've owned this grinder for 2 years, I came back to let people know what I like about it.

Basically, I love this little grinder. First off, it looks nice sitting on the counter, so my wife accepted it early on. The one minor draw back is with the glass cup that catches the grounds; the grounds often cling to the glass making it hard to get them all out. I've noticed that the type off coffee I use seems to make a difference with this, not sure why that is.

Since this is my first grinder, I don't really know what else to say here. We just really like it.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
*** Review Update ***

Now that I've owned this grinder for 2 years, I came back to let people know what I like about it.

Basically, I love this little grinder. First off, it looks nice sitting on the counter, so my wife accepted it early on. The one minor draw back is with the glass cup that catches the grounds; the grounds often cling to the glass making it hard to get them all out. I've noticed that the type off coffee I use seems to make a difference with this, not sure why that is.

Since this is my first grinder, I don't really know what else to say here. We just really like it.

Wow! Thank you for the update on your Bodum Bistro Burr Grinder.

I'm very happy to hear that you still like it after two whole years.

~ Rose

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
The one minor draw back is with the glass cup that catches the grounds; the grounds often cling to the glass making it hard to get them all out. I've noticed that the type off coffee I use seems to make a difference with this, not sure why that is.

Not sure where you are from but here in Nebraska it's getting colder which means dryer air which means more static which means more grounds sticking to the bin. The best way to combat this is to add a few drops of water on top of the beans in the hopper. The best way I found to control the amount of water added is with an eye dropper.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
*** Review Update ***

The one minor draw back is with the glass cup that catches the grounds; the grounds often cling to the glass making it hard to get them all out. I've noticed that the type off coffee I use seems to make a difference with this, not sure why that is.

If you line the cup that catches the grounds with a piece of aluminum foil, it takes away the static, and you'll have no problem getting them out.