What to get for my home?

CoffeeG

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Hey guys,

I have not long started to look into getting a real coffee machine but i'm clueless on what would be best for me. I have loved coffee since i was about 15 and now i am at the time in life where i should enjoy a few luxury's here and there. Coffee is the start to my day and just about the only thing that keeps me going all day. #even know i love coffee so much i am clueless about coffee machines like which is a good brand or if the machine will even do what i want it to do. I don't need nothing massive just something that can throw out maybe 10-15 cups of coffee a day (not just for me;-)). I like a standard white coffee and a cappuccino sometimes to switch it up a little so i'm not looking to make every coffee on earth, just simple coffee's. So back to the question what brand/size should i go for? I have found loads online and loads of information on the link below but i don't really know what i am looking for.

Looking forward to chatting to all you guys!!! Making my morning coffee's better than ever!! Any information would be greatly appreciated guys!!
http://www.easyprices.com/

413hcIfdIDL.jpg

Thanks guys

Last edited:

CoffeeG

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
$400 really is the maximum i would like to spend but if an extra 1-200 will get me further then i am willing to go the way but i am no interested in $1000 machines this is a little above my price range. Sorry i did not add this above..

Thanks for the reply

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
To get into espresso (I.E. capps, etc) its going to run you more than your budget will allow. For a good espresso you're looking around $300-400 for the grinder and machines start around $600. With that in mind... get yourself a nice brewed coffee setup. The two drip brewers I would recommend are the Bonavita 8-cup w/ Stainless Carafe ($180) or Technivorm Moccamaster ($310).. I highly recommend a brewer with a stainless carafe and without a burner ... it simply kills good coffee by continuing to heat the coffee. A good thermal stainless carafe should keep coffee hot for 90 minutes or more... coffee typically is best for about 60 minutes after brew. For home grinders, Baratza has everyone beat IMO. The Baratza Encore ($130) is the starting point... you get a better burrs when you step up to Virtuoso ($230). The Bonavita & Virtuoso $410 is a killer setup that will last you a long time...

CoffeeG

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
Looks like i have quite a few choices to choose from. I am going to start by doing a little research on the products you have listed above, slightly gutted that a decent coffee machine doesn't come in my price range, ow well. I will get back to you shortly on my decision or might need your help again.
Thanks for all the information!! much appreciated

CoffeeG

Nov 25, 2016
Visit site
The Technivorm Moccamaster is standing out to me with

• Capacity 10-cup (1.25ltr.) with 5-6 minutes brew-time. Thermos flask keeps coffee hot longer. Quiet & fast brewing with Auto-Safety Shut-Off (AO) safety feature
  • Solid polished silver aluminium body will last a lifetime with easy-to-clean removable parts. BFA-free water tank with clear water-level markings
  • Auto Drip-Stop function allows mid-brew flask removal. Illuminated On/Off switch, dual-phase hotplate and scale-warning lights.
  • Ideal brew temperature 92-96 degree C. Uses No.4 (1x4) filter papersiped
​This seems well equipped

Kudzu

Dec 5, 2014
Pawleys Island, SC
Visit site
CoffeeG, I am a big fan of the Technivorms. I own two, different sizes, that I have been using for years. That said, other less expensive machines now available may serve you just as well. I tend to recommend SCAA certified machines. Whatever coffeemaker you choose, if you are particular about the taste of your coffee, consider one with a thermal carafe, rather than a glass carafe on a warmer. Your brew will deteriorate quickly on a warmer. There is so much good stuff to choose from now, you will likely enjoy whatever you settle on.

BGrubb

Nov 16, 2016
Irvine, CA
Visit site
I also own a Technivorm Moccamaster and I absolutely love it. At the end of the day, it's about how good the coffee is, and I've never had a better cup of coffee in my life than I am making every morning at home with my Moccamaster. In fact, I'd go so far as to say that it makes average mass-produced coffee beans taste like premium ones. The flavors are bright and most importantly (to me), the finish is clean and free of bitterness. It's magic. They are expensive, but I don't think you'll regret buying one. Plus, they are fast, look cool on your counter and are entertaining to watch.

Good luck!

DLRuth

Dec 21, 2016
Visit site
If you want to get into espresso drinks (Flat white, cappuccino latte, etc.) and are looking for an entry level machine the Breville Dua-Temp Pro is a decent one. It is right around 400.00, only thing is you would still have to get a grinder which like Musicphan stated would probably start around 200 dollars. You can also look around for package deals, seattlecoffeegear.com currently has an espresso machine and grinder combo for about 850.00. If you are planning on going the drip brewer method then I would have to agree with everyone else that Technivorm is a great choice. It hasn't been mentioned yet but, if you have the patience and time, a manual pour over is a good choice. I think the most expensive one I have seen is the Chemex which is like 40 bucks and makes a really nice cup and comes in multiple sizes. Either way a good grinder should be a part of your setup, it really is what makes the difference. On an espresso machine or drip brewer, I would avoid anything that has a built in grinder. I spent about half a year researching before I bought my espresso setup. Oh yea and always fresh beans. It would be a great idea to find a local roaster (they are popping up everywhere), you cant beat truly fresh coffee. What ever you choose let us know.