Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Everyone knows that Brazil produces the most coffee in the world. About 25% of world coffee production.
    but in 1907, Brazil produced 97% of world coffee production. hard to believe, but nonetheless that is just amazing....
    Last edited by ensoluna; 06-14-2017 at 11:00 AM.

did you know that Uganda is second coffee producer in Africa after Ethiopia?
    But we never ever hear about their coffee at all. it is because they mostly produce Robusta for instant coffee mix or using them as fillers.
    They do produce some Arabica beans, but production is too small and producers are all very small farmers that no one is marketing their Arabica beans.

Did you know?-900px-flag_of_uganda.svg.pngDid you know?-packing_coffee.jpgDid you know?-pulping_coffee_mbale.jpgDid you know?-sorting_by_hand_picking.jpg

BTW, currently Uganda produces 4.8 million bags (60kgs) and it ranks at #8 coffee producer in the world.
    Guatemala where I work? Guatemala produces 3.4 million bags, #10 in the world. (But #3 best coffee country in the world :+)

Then, what about Brazil? it produces 43 million bags !!!!! #1 in the world.

and someone might be interested in Hawaii Coffee (Kona and other Hawaii coffees). The only USA territory that produces coffee.
    They produce around 35K to 38K coffee bags a year.
    Compared to Brazil?

Hawaii 38,000 vs Brazil 43,000,000 bags.

Okay.. so how many pounds of green bean is 43 million bags of green coffee?
    that would be 5,676,000,000 green bean pounds.
    if you calculate to coffee cherry weight? you can multiply by 5. so the total coffee cherry per year in Brazil weight is
    28,380,000,000 pounds of coffee cherry per year.

Did you know that Puerto Rico produce more coffee than Hawaii? around 10 million pounds of coffee.

I know that Puerto Rico is U.S. Territory, and don't need a passport to enter to the country (just valid US driver license will do) and they all use US dollar as their main currency since 1913.

Just in case, some wants to know the difference between Hawaii & Puerto Rico.
    Hawaii shares the nation's obligations equally with other states (like CA, or NY) and entitled to the home rule and equality with the several states. So basically, Hawaii is same as California, as far as the rules and regulation, rights are concerned.

But in case of Puerto Rico, it is specifically identified as A LOGICAL CANDIDATE FOR STATEHOOD. however, Puerto Ricans were made citizens of USA by congress in 1917.

Hawaii became a state in 1959, but P.R continues to be a territory.

WOW! I find that very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Got something to tell my friends.

Did you know that there are AROUND 70 TO 84 coffee producing countries in the world?
    this figure varies depends on whom you ask. Because as example, hardly anyone will know that Taiwan also produces some coffee but the q'ty is so small that they are all consumed in Taiwan.

BTW, there are 196 countries in the world. If you do not count Taiwan (ROC, Republic of China, aka), it is 195 countries. But for me, I count, so it should be 196.

Quote Originally Posted by coffeelover228 View Post
    WOW! I find that very interesting. Thanks for sharing. Got something to tell my friends.
    thanks for kind words. also if you have something to share with us about coffee, anything interesting or informative, please let us know.

Did you know that the when coffee pickers (at coffee farm) only pick ripe cherries and dry them on raised African beds, it raises the quality of the beans immediately.

Did you know that Natural or Honey process can bring out more sweetness than washed process. however, washed process can lead to greater cleanliness and brightness in coffee flavors.

Page 13 of 17 FirstFirst ... 3 11 12 13 14 15 ... LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links