Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Thread: Did you know?

Did you know what is Lao Brew? (Witches Brew, Bitches Brew and Lao's brew?)
    No :+) It is not what you think...

it is a traditional coffee brew from the "Country" Lao. You take almost charcoal Robusta beans and during roasting, you add some special "ingredients" like tamarind powder, chocolate powder, rice powder (seriously? yes) and sugar and salt (?!) and serve it up with condensed milk.
    Viola! then, you have Lao Brew.

of course, taste is subjective (personally, I have never had one. I can imagine that it is kind of close to Vietnamee coffee?), but probably it would not score well on a cupping table.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know there are only 3 main coffee species?
    Arabica, Robusta and Liberica.
    Of course, specialty shops mostly sell only Arabica beans, avoiding Robusta for its harsher and bitter flavors. (there are some shops that are making the case for fine Robusta, but hasn't catched on much yet).

As for Liberica, it is usually only consumed in the Philippines.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that when it comes to coffee origin, Ethiopia is the most unique country in the world?
    It is unique because of their ideal terroir, geographical & climate conditions. In fact, Ethiopia & South Sudan are the only countries in the world where COFFEE GROWS NATURALLY. So far, thousands of varieties have been identified there and still finding new...
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that ALMOST NONE OF COFFEE SHOPS IN CHINA opens between 9 am to 10 am? Then, they see much of their traffic later in the day. Even then, Green tea latte and frothy milk drinks proliferate! (word of the day for our ESL members : Proliferate : increase in numbers..:+)

I am in Hong Kong now for Hong Kong Electronic show. Right next to my hotel, there is THE BEST SPECIALTY COFFEE SHOP in Hong Kong.
    It is called THE COFFEE ACADEMICS. Even they open at 8 am which is probably earliest time for coffee shop!

Did you know?-o-1-.jpgDid you know?-o-2-.jpgDid you know?-o-3-.jpgDid you know?-o-4-.jpgDid you know?-o.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that Chinese coffee consumption has nearly tripled in the past 4 years?
    China is the only country in the world that is growing this fast and the potential market is vast considering 1,400,000,000 people in China.

In case that you are wondering how many people in Guatemala where I work? 13,000,000. that is 5 million less than Shenzhen, China city where I flew in couple of days ago. Wiki says that Shenzhen China has about 12 million people, but way more than 5 million people is not registered. They are in the city to work as manual labors in numerous factories.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that the first Starbucks outside the US opened up in Tokyo in 1996?
    Surprisingly, the first Starbucks in China was opened in Beijing in 1999.

for your footnote : The Chinese gov't assumed formal sovereignty over Macau on Dec 20, 1999 after 400 years of Portuguese colonial rule. Actual this event marked the end of the Portuguese Empire and European Colonialism in Asia.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 24 of 24 FirstFirst ... 14 22 23 24

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links