Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Did you know that coffee is the most popular beverage among adult Canadians over 16? even more than tap water!!!
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

did you know that in Canada, coffee is the #1 beverage consumed out of home (34.3%) ahead of soft drinks (19.5%) and tea (8.3%)?
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know if you must use a French Press, the only way to get rid of the bitter resin buildup in the plastic is to "boil" it? because dishwasher is NOT hot enough.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that coffee is originally indigenous to the African region? Also, did you know that the flower is very beautiful (well.. some people think that, me? I give about 5 out of 10) and SMELL SIMILAR TO JASMINE!! You got to visit some coffee farms in May/June. Entire coffee farm is filled with Jasmine aromas... :+)

Did you know?-download-12.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know coffee beans have up to 800 flavor characteristics that our senses can detect? (who came up with this? is this same "known-truth" as coffee being 2nd most traded commodity???)

Red wine ONLY has 400!!! :+)
    Most coffee connoisseurs (another vocab that I HAD TO look it up... okay. let's just say coffee experts) prefer mild roasts because the longer a coffee bean is roasted, more characteristics are burned off.

BY THE WAY, seriously? 800 flavors? I have been doing this (cupping coffee for export sales) for a long time, but I know absolutely NO ONE who can detect more than 25 flavors from cupping & smelling... but 800 Common...?????

Okay, speaking of smelling coffee.... who has the best smell in the world?
    Black Bear has the best sense of smell of all terrestrial mammals. Black bears have been observed to travel 18 miles to a food source!!! (by the way, what is wrong with these people???? killing bears? in the name of hunting? I am absolutely opposed to this!)

Did you know?-blackbearhunts1-mikesoutfitting.jpg

Now. Taste/cupping.. who is the best?
    Catfish have more than 100,000 taste buds!!! (the catfish GOT TO BE THIS BIG in order to have 100,000 taste buds, right?!)

Did you know?-catfish1.jpg

So, in order to find A mammal that can detect 800 flavors (both smell & taste), here is the most possible mammal/cartoon that I was able to find... ha ha ha

Did you know?-fish_cat.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

OMG Ensoluna... thanks for the chuckles! Some interesting information nevertheless!
    -Micah

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBeeCoffeeCo View Post
    OMG Ensoluna... thanks for the chuckles! Some interesting information nevertheless!
    -Micah
    hello Micah (very interesting name. I like it :+) by the way, is Alicia also with you?
    You have a very very and super nice coffee shop. I love to visit there one of these days. Also, that coconut cream pie looks just heavenly.....

Did you know?-o-1-.jpgDid you know?-o-3-.jpgDid you know?-o-4-.jpgDid you know?-o-5-.jpgDid you know?-o.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Thanks Ensoluna! I appreciate the kind words. You are more than welcome to stop by sometime. I'd love to sit and visit a while. Yes Alicia is my wife. She runs the day to day operations. I do the roasting and the boring back office stuff. I love the front of the house but someone has to do the less exciting things, right?

Quote Originally Posted by QueenBeeCoffeeCo View Post
    Thanks Ensoluna! I appreciate the kind words. You are more than welcome to stop by sometime. I'd love to sit and visit a while. Yes Alicia is my wife. She runs the day to day operations. I do the roasting and the boring back office stuff. I love the front of the house but someone has to do the less exciting things, right?
    good to hear from you again, Micah. as you may or may not know, I have a green bean exporting company & roasting company in Guatemala, but I always wanted to have my own coffee shop where I live, Long Beach, CA.

looking at your shop photos, I would love to have one just like yours.
    it looks so cozy and comfortable. I have never been to Georgia or anywhere close to your state, hopefully someday I can go and visit.
    thanks and take care.
    PS: my name is Alex. thanks again.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Did you know that Louis XV grew his own coffee plants out of his own greenhouses at Versailles, France?
    well, him being a King, probably he had hundreds of people taking care of his own coffee plants in the greenhouses.
    by the way, Versailles are only 433 feet above sea level.
    I doubt that his coffee (king's coffee) is as good as the coffee from Queen Bee Cafe in Georgia, :+)

PS: in case you do not know.... good coffee beans grow at least 4000 feet above sea level, except Kona coffee/Hawaiian coffee. Only bad quality Robusta from Brazil and Vietnam grows around 400 feet level.
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Page 27 of 29 FirstFirst ... 17 25 26 27 28 29 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links