Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Thread: Did you know?

Did you know "Juan Valdez" is a character made up by Colombia coffee federation in 1950th?
    this fictional character always appears with his mule. The mule's name is Conchita and Old Colombian actor called Carlos Sanchez played the part in TV advertisement.

Photo: Carlos Sanchez.
    Did you know?-juanvaldez5.jpg
    Attached Thumbnails Attached Thumbnails Did you know?-juanvaldez.png  

Did you know that Moka tree produces very small seeds that looks like split peas. The Mokka tree is very bushy with small cherries and narrow leaves. Mokka is a mutant of Bourbon from Brazil.

Did you know?-detail_of_coffee_plant_showing_beans_and_leaves.jpgDid you know?-mocha-5.png

Don't you ever wonder whether you should get a certification for roaster or Barista?
    According to study, on average, certified roasters make 6% more than uncertified and for Baristas, with certification, they make up to 20% more.
    I guess that for Barista, it makes sense to get yourself certified.

Super Moderator
    I remember when they started the certification of roasters. I spoke to some of the people who where involved in the beginning stages. I expressed my concern of going through another apprenticeship 10 years after I had completed my original one. They said they had plans to fast track roasters that were in my position. I asked what I had to do. They said write papers teach some classes. This all costs money and a majority of the seminars were in California at that time. I asked if I was getting reimbursed for my time...they said yes with the certificate. I asked if they could guarantee a substantial increase in pay and they said no. They told me I was looking at it wrong. They said I would be helping the roasting industry. I decided against it. I did not see a point of teaching what I have spent years learning myself....and potentially be training a future competitor in business or even a job. I am happy with my life and train who I want to train.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Did you know there are "latte art machines" that puts the customers face on his latter?
    I am sure that many of members knows about this already, but honestly, I did not know until today and I am certain some of members didn't.

Did you know?-_60408195_60408194.jpgDid you know?-coffee-ripples-600x600.jpgDid you know?-hpbottomr.jpgDid you know?-maxresdefault.jpg

Did you know that the term "barista" was not invented by Starbucks in 90s. The word "Barista" first appeared in 1938 in Italy.

Did you know that better beans (strictly hard beans at 4500 feet and up elevation) are very dense, due to slow growth that happens in a high altitude and also they have a closed fissure line that looks to be zig zagged or skewed.

for cheaper beans at lower altitude, they are less dense and with a semi open fissure.

Did you know that Micro Lot beans have more wrinkles than commercial beans?
    the smaller beans are micro lot beans. the bigger ones might look nicer and impressive, but they are commercial beans!

Did you know?-17457746_1907559692861151_1130977120426009102_n.jpg

Did you know that Starbucks in Guatemala (there are 3 or 4 starbucks in Guatemala, only in Guatemala city) is the only coffee shop that carries some other country origin coffee than Guatemalan coffee.

Did you know that International coffee day was originated in Japan, 1983?
    the date is September 29!

Page 7 of 9 FirstFirst ... 5 6 7 8 9 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links