Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    lovecoffeelife..It says you are in South Eastern US. Not sure how far south you are but if you want we have a roastery in South Florida if you are in the area pop in for a tour.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Topher- I'd love that! I'm not that far south but if I ever am I'll be sure to let you know!! Thanks for that offer!
    "There's coffee in that nebula."- Katherine Janeway

Ok, so issue resolved. Now this is solely from a consumer point of view and I'm far from being a professional coffee person. Right now I'm an interested observer at best. LOL

The situation is that purchased coffee online from a small business. The first thing about the experience that annoyed me was that they only had one clearly defined way to pay and that's via paypal. If you've had experience with paypal you know it takes a few days for that payment to clear the vendors system and rightly so they can't fill the order till that happens. Finally my order was placed for two different blends, whole bean. Five long agonizing days later I finally get my package and I find that the beans were pre ground. I immediately called the business and the owner was very kind and sent me whole bean without making me send the ground coffee back. It took an additional week to get my whole beans but in the end the coffee was amazing. The difference between fresh burr ground and pre ground is vast.

I feel a little silly now saying it was a bad coffee experience but the important thing to me is that coffee vendor made things right and quickly as possible. I can appreciate that, greatly appreciate that.

Quote Originally Posted by LoveCoffeeLife View Post
    the coffee was amazing. The difference between fresh burr ground and pre ground is vast.
    I'm afraid you're hooked now, there's no going back for you,

Glad they made it right for you, smaller companies tend to give better customer service as they have more to loose.

Wow! That is so unfortunate!! My fiancÚ and his family is from Guatemala. We are going in the next few months and I am so excited to be returning because I have more of a coffee background now Such a beautiful country!

Quote Originally Posted by Dmtexas View Post
    Wow! That is so unfortunate!! My fiancÚ and his family is from Guatemala. We are going in the next few months and I am so excited to be returning because I have more of a coffee background now Such a beautiful country!
    yes, it is the most beautiful country in central america. by the way, where in Guatemala your family from? I work in Quetzaltenango!

Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    I'm afraid you're hooked now, there's no going back for you,

Glad they made it right for you, smaller companies tend to give better customer service as they have more to loose.
    You're right about that, I am totally hooked. Yes, that's true with small companies but I feel like this owner just loves providing a great service as well. It's a Christian based company and I feel his heart is in it. I had the chance to speak to him directly and he was really cool and concerned that I got ground coffee when I asked for whole bean.

Where are you at Topher? I live in Key Largo (well, in two more weeks -- i've been hanging out in Miami for the past year waiting to get down there). My first round of living in Miami years ago would bring me to Palm Beach and Broward county weekly, but I barely go up there unless I have a good reason now. Coffee is a very good reason. I've been a barista off and on for the past 15 years, but most of the time I am simply a coffee enthusiast who visits shops across the US/Canada/Overseas.

I am very interested in the art and craft of roasting, currently. I've visited many roasters with retail shops attached before, of course, but always with the anticipation of getting my drink on. I never fully paid attention to roasting since I was more interested in the end result. I'd love to visit roastery for a tour if that invitation extends to people who just show up with one post on here (I swear I had an older account, but I cannot figure it out).

Thanks!
    Ela Anderson
    @coffeeHappyHour on IG

Twice I overcame bad coffee experiences by ending up as a Barista at the shop. LOL I righted the wrongs that were done to my drinks by doing them as best as possible for the customers who happened to come in during my 16-24 hours of presence at the shops.

Additionally, recently a new bakery opened up here in South Florida with obviously a lot of money and effort spent on the shiny shop. A young eager baker opened it and invested in the best La Marzocco machine and grinders with Coulter Culture beans to serve as part of their cafe. I watched in horror as the very timid barista killed our drinks. I couldn't even drink mine. So I FB messaged the baker owner and advised her that her staff needs additional training from CC and noted the things I saw wrong. I haven't been back to see if they have improved -- it left such a bad taste in my mouth (literally) that I don't even consider them for baked goods either.

Is the shop you ordered from (and received grown instead of whole) in Michigan, by any chance?

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeHappyHour View Post
    Twice I overcame bad coffee experiences by ending up as a Barista at the shop. LOL I righted the wrongs that were done to my drinks by doing them as best as possible for the customers who happened to come in during my 16-24 hours of presence at the shops.

Additionally, recently a new bakery opened up here in South Florida with obviously a lot of money and effort spent on the shiny shop. A young eager baker opened it and invested in the best La Marzocco machine and grinders with Coulter Culture beans to serve as part of their cafe. I watched in horror as the very timid barista killed our drinks. I couldn't even drink mine. So I FB messaged the baker owner and advised her that her staff needs additional training from CC and noted the things I saw wrong. I haven't been back to see if they have improved -- it left such a bad taste in my mouth (literally) that I don't even consider them for baked goods either.

Is the shop you ordered from (and received grown instead of whole) in Michigan, by any chance?
    Oh boy, yeah that's usually the response when having a bad experience normally the shop doesn't get another chance. Be interesting to see how things are for them now and if they took your suggestions to heart. *hint* Its awesome that you empathize with the customer and are committed to making a good experience for others. No, they are not in Michigan they are in Texas. They were very kind about it and I'm glad I stuck with it because the coffee is pretty awesome! I wrote a review in the review thread.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links