Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Quote Originally Posted by Duffyjr View Post
    You guys are just killing me here, what I would give to have just one local roaster. Nearest one is 75 miles, cheaper to pay shipping. We have four coffee shops here (that advertise as coffee shops), two are sit down and two or drive thru and none of them have fresh beans to sell me. When I asked one lady "if I buy some beans can you tell me when they were roasted" she looked at me like I was crazy and shrugged her shoulders. I didn't even bother to ask her if she could find out.
    You should solve that problem by roasting your self. It is quite easy to learn and you will always have fresh coffee. You can start for real cheap with a whirleypop popcorn maker (been doing it that way for about a year and a half now). If a coffee shop doesn't know when their own beans were roasted that doesn't sound very comforting to me.

Quote Originally Posted by DLRuth View Post
    You should solve that problem by roasting your self. It is quite easy to learn and you will always have fresh coffee. You can start for real cheap with a whirleypop popcorn maker (been doing it that way for about a year and a half now).
    I've actually started tossing that idea around some. Garage sale season is coming up so I told the wife if she runs across an air popcorn popper to call me and I'd come look at it.

If a coffee shop doesn't know when their own beans were roasted that doesn't sound very comforting to me.
    I've actually asked at least one employee from each of the coffee shops if they knew when the beans were roasted and none of them could tell me.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links