Banned

Customers deserve FULL SERVICE from a specialty coffee shop?

Personally, I have been thinking about this for a while. and hopefully you guys can give me some comments.

First, let's think about "A dollar Menu burger from McDonald's" and "fancy $15 burger" from a high-class burger/steak joint. Of course, there are huge difference in ingredients, quality and SPECIALLY THE SERVICE!

Just like a famous chef spends years and years in training how to make the food right, and environment in that restaurant, music, ...etc whatever, it comes down to the SERVICE. That service along with good food, music...demands the price and that is what will make us to come back for the experience again.

So, let's think about Specialty coffee world. All of us spend incredible amounts of time developing our artistry & craftsmanship, over and over again. We modify our shop to be the best design available and practice and practice and practice our brew methods until it becomes our second nature.

BUT we still expect our customers to wait in a line, order their drinks, and have them pay us before the drinks ever come out. And make them stand around waiting for us to shout their names. Then, we use our beloved "Paper cup" to serve their drinks.... after that, we hope they will drop some money in our tip jar....

Can there be any changes we can make in order to give them TRUE specialty coffee experience?
    I can think of few....
    A. No more waiting in a line.
    B. No more paying in advance
    C. having them sit down and we take their orders & serve them
    D. NO more paper cup. How about using some unique and nice cups? I am sure there are million of them.
    E. Just like a good waiter/waitress in a nice restaurant coming around and asking us "how are we doing" anything do we need?", after coffee service. asking them how they like the coffee or anything else they need? Perhaps another cup of great coffee TOGO?

Bit long thread, but I thought this might be an interesting and important subject!
    thanks for reading.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 03-14-2017 at 10:25 PM.

Super Moderator
    Alex,

I've always fantasized that if I ever won the lottery and suddenly had tons of money, I would open up a cafe that's pretty much what you're envisioning. I wouldn't care if I lost money on the adventure, because I'd have plenty of money to spare.

It would be a comfortable place, and real people would serve good coffee along with all sorts of tasty pastries. Everything would be served in real cups, and on real plates, and with real silverware (nothing paper or plastic).

But, for now, I'll just keep on buying lottery tickets and hoping for the best!

Rose.

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    Alex,

I've always fantasized that if I ever won the lottery and suddenly had tons of money, I would open up a cafe that's pretty much what you're envisioning. I wouldn't care if I lost money on the adventure, because I'd have plenty of money to spare.

It would be a comfortable place, and real people would serve good coffee along with all sorts of tasty pastries. Everything would be served in real cups, and on real plates, and with real silverware (nothing paper or plastic).

But, for now, I'll just keep on buying lottery tickets and hoping for the best!

Rose.
    I might open up something like this cafe. actually, I am in the process of looking for a partner in Los Angeles who can work with me in retail & roasting business. Hopefully it will work out.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    I might open up something like this cafe. actually, I am in the process of looking for a partner in Los Angeles who can work with me in retail & roasting business. Hopefully it will work out.
    Wow! I hope it will work out for you, too!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links