Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    interesting that you blocked my last comment I thought this was a forum, there was nothing offensive in my comments as per your rules very disappointing!

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    interesting that you blocked my last comment I thought this was a forum, there was nothing offensive in my comments as per your rules very disappointing!
    I blocked your last comment? I do not understand. I do not have the authority nor pass to block anyone's comment. I am just a member, not moderator in this form.

BTW, I got nothing against Kona coffee (who would?!). I am just stating my personal comment. Which is "kona coffee is one of the worst "quality vs price" ratio coffee in the world". If I have a choice to buy between Finest Kona Coffee at $32 plus shipping or fine Ethiopian Yirga at $16, 100% I will choose Yirga because it is better coffee with better cupping profile and flavors.

Again, I am sure that there are some other people who prefers Kona over Yirga.
    Everyone is different!
    Last edited by ensoluna; 04-06-2017 at 08:02 PM.

Just to make things clear I am the Owner of Mongoose Mountain farm, and yes we offer K-cups we make them right here on our farm small batch so they are very fresh, and yes I am trying to get funding to purchase the machine to make disposable pour overs with 100% Kona coffee and if I do they will be very fresh too. We do all the work right here on our 12 acre farm.

Banned
    Just to make things clear I am the Owner of Mongoose Mountain farm, and yes we offer K-cups we make them right here on our farm small batch so they are very fresh, and yes I am trying to get funding to purchase the machine to make disposable pour overs with 100% Kona coffee and if I do they will be very fresh too. We do all the work right here on our 12 acre farm.
    so you produce about 20,000 to 25,000 pounds of Kona coffee.... and BTW, I already knew that you are the owner of Mongoose farm.

And about K-cup, if that brings you some decent income, kudos to you.

But if you ask me, putting real 100% kona ground coffee into K-Cup is not really worth it. Not for you, but for the consumers to buy it.
    But yet again, if the consumers are willing to pay the Kona K-Cup and enjoy it, I got no problem with it. (and why would I?!)

I am just saying as personal comment that 100% Kona K-Cup like putting Ferrari car engine into a tuk tuk in Guatemala and paying the Ferrari engine price!

PS : in case you do not know what tuk tuk is, below is the photo :+)
    are disposable coffee pour overs the next big thing?-tuk_tuk_man.jpg
    Last edited by ensoluna; 04-06-2017 at 08:39 PM.

the reason I make 100% Kona coffee K-cups is there are a lot of imitators and 10% Kona's out there and I wanted to give a true 100% Kona option to people just like the disposable pour overs

Banned
    the reason I make 100% Kona coffee K-cups is there are a lot of imitators and 10% Kona's out there and I wanted to give a true 100% Kona option to people just like the disposable pour overs
    Yes, I know that there are a lot of Kona blends. I was even able to find them in Marshalls yesterday! $7.99 for 12 oz!

This is my argument. if you REALLY want to give consumers of your real 100% Kona experience, Don't do K-cup nor disposable pour over (& I do not think that your Kickstarter will help either).

Why? Very simple. it is ground coffee that you are selling. If you are a coffee farm owner, you should know that Ground coffee is only good for 15 min once you grind it from very freshly roasted beans. When your customers buy K cup or Pour over few days later, few weeks later, few month later, do you really think that the consumers will fully experience 100% Kona coffee flavors? As you may know, one month old 100% Kona K Cup/pour over ground coffee will not be as good as freshly ground Kona Blend coffee.

However, I fully understand why you are venturing into K Cup and even disposable pour over. And you and I both know that it is not about giving 100% Kona coffee experience to consumers with the K Cup / Disposable pour over because you really can not get 100% Kona experience with K cup & disposable pour over.

are disposable coffee pour overs the next big thing?-fe2f687908b4ce3a80d9a07636e64e98_original-1024x576-960x540.png
    Last edited by ensoluna; 04-07-2017 at 07:41 AM.

I understand what you are trying to say however a very large percentage of people who buy from us specifically ask for ground coffee now I could refuse them but my point is keeping the consumer happy and giving them what they want

Banned
    I understand what you are trying to say however a very large percentage of people who buy from us specifically ask for ground coffee now I could refuse them but my point is keeping the consumer happy and giving them what they want
    well, as I said, I understand why you want to do this.

But what do not understand is why you are keep trying to convince us that you want your consumers to have full 100% kona experience with k cup and disposable pour over.
    Last edited by ensoluna; 04-06-2017 at 10:07 PM.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by ensoluna View Post
    Most of Kona coffee plants were from Guatemala, mainly Typica coffee plants.
    I believe that coffee in Kona Originated from Brazil.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I believe that coffee in Kona Originated from Brazil.
    according to wiki, yes, the first coffee plant was from Brazil in 1825. But this plant did not last long and it faded away by late 1800.

So, in 1892, Guatemala Typica was introduced into Kona island and became the DOMINANT PLANT NOW.
    TODAY, the coffee in Kona is called Kona Typica which is the descended from Typica Guatemalan plants.

Most of Kona coffee plants were from Guatemala, mainly Typica coffee plants.

So, when I mentioned above, I was referring to "current coffee plant" in Kona. However, Topher, you are right about the first coffee plant coming from Brazil.
    thanks
    Last edited by ensoluna; 04-07-2017 at 07:00 AM.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links