Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3
    Super Moderator
    No Alex thank you! I didn't read it on Wiki..I was relying on a farmer in Brazil...told me some story of how the coffee got to Kona that involved someone seducing another and then stealing cuttings. To answer your question is it worth the cost...It all depends on what you like. I like bright acidity so I do not drink Kona.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

thank you by the way for comparing my Kona coffee to a Ferrari engine, that's the way my customers feel about it too. and yes a Ferrari engine cost a lot more than a Tuk Tuk engine but most people will agree that it is worth it, just like my customers do, and almost anyone can afford a Tuk Tuk but it is true not everyone can afford a Ferrari. That being said I would like to know your opinion on fresh coffee at what point is the clock ticking at pulping, at drying, at hulling,at green bean,at transporting,at roasting, at grinding, when?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    that being said I would like to know your opinion on fresh coffee at what point is the clock ticking at pulping, at drying, at hulling,at green bean,at transporting,at roasting, at grinding, when?
    is your name Patrick? my name is alex. I do not want to keep saying Mongoose.. kind of weird. about "fresh coffee" matter, I am sure that you already know very well of these matters since you are the owner of a coffee farm for many years.

also if you want to me explain all that in detail, that would be many many pages long and probably no one wants to read all that.

so, if you have one or two specific questions, please ask me. I do not mind answering.
    thanks
    alex from Ensoluna SA

mu name is Bob not Patrick Im not the one who started this conversation, but earlier you stated that coffee is going bad 15 minutes after you grind it, what keeps it fresh up to that point?

Banned
    Quote Originally Posted by Mongoose View Post
    mu name is Bob not Patrick Im not the one who started this conversation, but earlier you stated that coffee is going bad 15 minutes after you grind it, what keeps it fresh up to that point?
    i'd better stop here communicating. sorry it has been going on too long and i feel that it is bit futile to go on. I am sure that you can find your answers in the web.

Iam sorry you find it futile, however when you make a statement and then don't back it up that is disappointing. Everyone knows that coffee starts going bad the second it is hulled and made into green bean, then it sits around in burlap bags in a container or warehouse for who knows how long before it gets to the roaster. Are you saying you keep your coffee in parchment until roasting and then just roast 20g in order to drink it fresh?

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links