A question from "carpiowolf" about Geisha Seed

I got below pm from "Carpiowolf" (forum user name) just now. and I thought that some others might also want to know, so i am posting my answer here.

Hi Ensoluna,

I trust my note finds you well. I just joined this forum and I have reviewed some of your postings about the geisha bean and others recommendations. My name is Vince Carpio, I'm located in Colorado, US. I have a great opportunity to develop the geisha bean in Uganda. My wife and family are from Uganda. The soil, altitude and conditions are suitable and favorable for this project. More importantly, local government and coffee communities will support and will be engage in this project. Uganda coffee growers are very knowledgeable and experienced with farming Arabica coffee. Currently, the Uganda government is open to new ideas and projects for coffee development in Uganda. I have been doing some research for few months, we are aware of the challenges ahead and all the care the plant needs to actually grow and produce. We are up to the challenge and we will be committed to develop the Geisha Coffee in Uganda. We have secured the services of a consulting firm in country (Africa Coffee Academy in Uganda) that will help us with the site selection and recommendations for CBD and irrigation issues. We are looking to purchase geisha seeds, we will be able to plant during the months of March/April 2018. Do you know of any current suppliers or if you could assist us with securing some seeds. Any feedback and assistance will be greatly appreciate it.

My answer : most of Guatemala Geisha coffee farms get their seeds from Costa Rica coffee organization as below.

https://www.catie.ac.cr/

so, I encourage you to contact them for buying Geisha seeds. also, for your information, in Guatemala, there are a lot of Geisha baby plants being sold, BUT ONLY IN GUATEMALA COFFEE FARMS. I do not think that Guatemala coffee organization or coffee farms have the right/authorities to sell Geisha seeds or plants to other countries.

thanks
    Alax from Ensoluna S.A.

Many thanks Alex, will send an email to CATIE

some of people I know complained that Catie corporation does not reply or reply very slow.
    so, I suggest you to call them first and find the RIGHT PERSON for what you are looking for.
    then, you can directly email to that person, so that you do not need to wait for their answers for long time.

this is only my suggestion.
    thanks

Thank you for the suggestion. I sent an email earlier. I will call them tomorrow morning to follow up.

Vince

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links