Filter coffee questions

coffeesta

Apr 29, 2017
Visit site
hello!

I like decaf filter coffee and I have some questions:

1) is decaf filter coffee oily or the decaf process removes all oils?
2) is there a way to use a disposable filter that will allow oils to pass? I don't want to have to clean a metal filter
3) are filter coffee machines offer a real advantage? or I can just pour hot water through a filter filled with coffee into a cup and that's it?
4) are there any one cup (compact) filter coffee machines with removable water container? I am worried about water staying there for long and getting contaminated.

thanks!

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
hello!

I like decaf filter coffee and I have some questions:

1) is decaf filter coffee oily or the decaf process removes all oils?
2) is there a way to use a disposable filter that will allow oils to pass? I don't want to have to clean a metal filter
3) are filter coffee machines offer a real advantage? or I can just pour hot water through a filter filled with coffee into a cup and that's it?
4) are there any one cup (compact) filter coffee machines with removable water container? I am worried about water staying there for long and getting contaminated.

thanks!
1: "decaf filter coffee"? you mean decaffeinated coffee? decaf process does not remove all oils.
2: if you use metal filter, it will allow some oils to pass. Paper filter will prevent most of oils to pass.
3: a real advantage of what? pour over = pour hot water thru a filter with coffee.
4: ?

ronaldlees

Dec 7, 2015
Visit site
1: "decaf filter coffee"? you mean decaffeinated coffee? decaf process does not remove all oils.2: if you use metal filter, it will allow some oils to pass. Paper filter will prevent most of oils to pass.3: a real advantage of what? pour over = pour hot water thru a filter with coffee.4: ?
I have found that paper filters give me a histamine response. So, I need to use instant coffee or a metal filter. Apparently there's something in paper coffee filters that triggers my immuno-response. The funny thing is that I'm not allergic to anything that I know about.