Using Espresso in the name

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Wasn't sure how to title this but what I'm wondering is when you see a bean that uses "Espresso" in the name or description does this mean the bean is best when it used to make Espresso?

I've avoided buying these beans when I see this since I only do pour over and what ever my moccamaster cup one would be classified as, maybe a cross between drip and pour over.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Wasn't sure how to title this but what I'm wondering is when you see a bean that uses "Espresso" in the name or description does this mean the bean is best when it used to make Espresso?

I've avoided buying these beans when I see this since I only do pour over and what ever my moccamaster cup one would be classified as, maybe a cross between drip and pour over.
Espresso named beans are dark roasted beans. Maybe not the darkest, but pretty dark. Also, they must be grind very finely, probably second to finest. the finest being Turkish coffee. for Pour over, light/med with bit coarse ground is the best.

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Espresso named beans are dark roasted beans. Maybe not the darkest, but pretty dark. Also, they must be grind very finely, probably second to finest. the finest being Turkish coffee. for Pour over, light/med with bit coarse ground is the best.

Yes most of them I see are medium dark to dark but I have run across a few that are medium light and a bunch that are just medium. So I'm guessing these would be fine for drip/pour over.