Best coffee for the average coffee drinker?

skunker

May 28, 2017
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice on the "safest" type of coffee to buy that most people will drink? I read that Colombian coffee is what most people will drink (not too light, not too dark) because it is smooth and balanced, a taste that the average coffee drinker prefers (according to Starbucks, although their Pike Place is not colombian).

Looking for tips on what coffee to buy for a small party (I will grind the beans myself).

Thanks!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Do you have any local roasters or will you have to order online?

What may be more important than the type of bean is to make sure what you server is only a few days off roast. I can honestly say I haven't had any bad fresh coffee, some are just better than others.

ensoluna

Banned
Apr 29, 2014
Quetzaltenango, Guatemala
Visit site
Does anyone have any advice on the "safest" type of coffee to buy that most people will drink? I read that Colombian coffee is what most people will drink (not too light, not too dark) because it is smooth and balanced, a taste that the average coffee drinker prefers (according to Starbucks, although their Pike Place is not colombian).

Looking for tips on what coffee to buy for a small party (I will grind the beans myself).

Thanks!
yes, Colombian is pretty SAFE! Safe = Bland.
Try out Ethiopia, Kenya or Huehuetenango, Guatemalan. they are GOOD SAFE = "Interesting + Flavorful"