how to make coffee flavour more

farrll

Jun 20, 2017
indonesia
Visit site
i want to ask to u guys,how to make coffee flavour more "out" from the coffee,i use french press for brew my coffee,and i used sensory lab coffee bean that filled with 40%brazil coffee bean and 60% columbia coffee bean.when i drink on sensory lab cafe its feel like the nutt and nice chocolate,but if i brew it in my frenchpress its a lot of bitter.the question is.
1.are all the frenchpress make coffee more bitter? if yes i would buy some v60.. if no,why my coffee feel bitter?

I brew my coffee with this ratio
12 gram of coarse grind coffee
165ml of boiled water

this ratio is used for 1 cup of coffee

SORRY FOR MY BAD ENGLISH :)

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
How is it brewed in the cafe? Drip? And how long are you letting the coffee 'sit' before pressing in your french press? Your ratio of water:coffee seems about right.

farrll

Jun 20, 2017
indonesia
Visit site
five min might be too long, specially if you have grind the coffee "fine ground".
it should be around 3 min to max 4 min with "coarse ground" coffee, USING BURR GRINDER.
if you did not use Burr Grinder and used regular "blade" grinder, it will cause the coffee to be bitter due to very uneven ground.

Just remember that unlike pour over and AeroPress (which is my favorite), French Press can brew for few people at once, but it is prone to bitterness & oiliness because the coffee is sitting directly on the grounds for long time.

when i buy the coffee bean,they gave an option,do i want to grind it or not.actually i grind it,so i dont need to grind it again in my home.i use coarse ground but i have no idea what is the grinder

Personally, using Burr Grinder, coarse ground, is very important for French Press.

when i buy the coffee bean,they gave an option,do i want to grind it or not.actually i grind it,so i dont need to grind it again in my home.i use coarse ground but i have no idea what is the grinder.maybe they use burr grinder,coz they have a cafe too so they must be know where is the best grinder

farrll

Jun 20, 2017
indonesia
Visit site
maybe since you bought the "ESPRESSO" Blend, if you asked them to grind the coffee for you, they probably would have grind it "very fine" for Espresso coffee making (since the coffee is espresso blend).
then, for French Press, it would be VERY BAD AND VERY BITTER!!!!
he ask me,what kind of brew that i using,i say im using french press.and he gave me a coarse grind