Why v60 better than any other manual brew

farrll

Jun 20, 2017
indonesia
Visit site
why v60 "better" than any manual brew.because i see in barista world cup,they always make coffee with v60.what does make that better? is that better than any manual brew?

farrll

Jun 20, 2017
indonesia
Visit site
i want to buy v60 but i dont have gooseneck kettle.so i think about aeropress.what do you think about aeropress coffee result?is it good or nah

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
I only have experience with a Chemex but I recently did some searching on pour over methonds for work. The thing with the V60 is it relies on your technique more than other pour overs because the spiral ridges on the inside walls allows extraction thru the sides and bottom of the filter since it doesn't cling to the walls so you have to be careful not to pour the water on the sides or it won't extract properly. The Chemex on the other hand is more forgiving because the filter sticks to the sides and encourages extraction thru the bottom only so your technique is not as important. Apparently the V60 is like the Chemex and has special filters you need to use.

Another one that has good reviews is the Kalita Wave, it has a flat bottom and uses standard coffee filters, this alone may interest some.

Here is a couple sites I ran across that I thought were interesting.

https://prima-coffee.com/blog/a-beginners-guide-to-pour-over-coffee-brewing

Manual Mud: The 9 Best Pour Over Coffee Makers | HiConsumption

I ended up with a Melitta Ready Set Joe Single Cup Coffee Brewer. It's plastic so I don't have to worry about breaking it at work and it uses #2 cone filters that I have been using in my cup-one so no special filters. My hot water source at work is a Bunn with a spout for hot water only so this should work pretty good once I get the grind figured out.

Latest posts