Not Allowed Coffee This Morning... I'm Sad!

So getting blood work done at 11 AM this morning and I have to fast. No coffee just water. I do not like this. I do not like this at all. Luckily I only have 3 more hours. I hope it goes quick. lol. I know it isn't that bad but just wanted to share it with others who probably have gone through the same small discomfort.

When I get my blood work done they tell me it's ok to drink coffee that it won't mess with the test as long as it's black. Or maybe they just don't want me coming in grumpy.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abeautifultaste View Post
    So getting blood work done at 11 AM this morning and I have to fast. No coffee just water. I do not like this. I do not like this at all. Luckily I only have 3 more hours. I hope it goes quick. lol. I know it isn't that bad but just wanted to share it with others who probably have gone through the same small discomfort.
    I hate fasting to get blood work done. I feel for you!
    That's why I get to the lab at 6:30 (they open at 7) and I'm usually first in line. Within minutes there are people standing behind me.
    I'd much rather wait there, than pace around the house longing for a cup of coffee.

Rose

lol. I made the mistake of having my teeth cleaned yesterday morning right before my blood test (that's why I had to have my blood test at 11 am). I wasn't allowed to drink coffee until 3 PM. Yesterday was a long day!!! My head was ponding.

Duffy - I didn't ask about coffee. My doctor said just drink water for the fasting. Next time, I'm going to ask if I can drink black coffee.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by abeautifultaste View Post
    lol. I made the mistake of having my teeth cleaned yesterday morning right before my blood test (that's why I had to have my blood test at 11 am). I wasn't allowed to drink coffee until 3 PM. Yesterday was a long day!!! My head was ponding.

Duffy - I didn't ask about coffee. My doctor said just drink water for the fasting. Next time, I'm going to ask if I can drink black coffee.
    It's best to just follow your doctor's orders and just drink water. Why take the chance of messing up your test results and end up having to do it again?
    If you do a search using the words - - Can I drink coffee before blood work, you will find all sorts of articles about it.

Here is one that explains why it's better to just drink plain water.

Is It OK to Drink Coffee When Fasting for Blood Work? | Fasting for Blood Work - An Overview

Rose

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    It's best to just follow your doctor's orders and just drink water. Why take the chance of messing up your test results and end up having to do it again?
    If you do a search using the words - - Can I drink coffee before blood work, you will find all sorts of articles about it.

Here is one that explains why it's better to just drink plain water.

Is It OK to Drink Coffee When Fasting for Blood Work? | Fasting for Blood Work - An Overview

Rose
    Thanks Rose for that link and your right there are several sites that all say the same, I guess I just figured the Dr knew what she was doing. I only test a couple times a year so I'm pretty sure I can go with out my morning cup for couple days a year.

It does make me wonder though what else she my be wrong about!!!

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links