Storm

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Well we are paying the price to live in paradise..we have a nice storm on the way. I might be gone for a while depending what happens electricity wise. Talk to Y'all after the storm.;-)
storm3.PNG

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Well we are paying the price to live in paradise..we have a nice storm on the way. I might be gone for a while depending what happens electricity wise. Talk to Y'all after the storm.;-)
View attachment 8305

Hi Topher,

You've teased me tons of times about how you spend the winter wearing short pants every day, while I scrape ice and shovel snow all winter long.
Today is one of those days when I'm totally not jealous of your Florida paradise.

We'll all be keeping our fingers crossed that this hurricane "hangs a hard right" and blows back out to sea.

Stay safe.

Rose

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hello, I am in Houston and after the recents events I wish my best to everybody in Florida; Here in Houston we are still struggling with Harvey.

If you have any spare roasted coffee - Momentum coffee in Spring, TX is taking a collection of 5lb bags of GROUND coffee. They are distributing the coffee to local coffee shops who are offering relief workers/volunteers free black coffee. I had 30lbs go out yesterday for the relief effort!

ho.jpg

topher

Super Moderator
Staff member
Aug 14, 2003
Boca Raton
Visit site
Yep! Not bad. We lost power for 5 days. Living in South Florida with out power SUCKS! My place is all windows so it was hitting close to 100 degrees inside during the day. That was the only issue..no damage and the whole area is starting to look like paradise again! Thanks for asking!

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
That's very good to hear!!! My family in Houston got smacked hard. Three homes with 5' water in them. Power out 11 days. What a mess! Thought you may have had to deal with something similar so good to know you're back on your feet.!