How is the hygiene of coffee beans ensured?

Miriel

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
I mean the whole process from producer to seller..

I asked that question before in different platform and what I learnt is that thanks to roasting process there is nothing to worry about. However, anyway I want to learn your thoughts about that, maybe I can learn more details and so on.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Well... the roasters QC process is critical. Anytime i receive a new coffee I test for moisture content and take a 350g samples and grade the coffee again (this is to review defect levels). I then sample roast and cup to detect any flavor defects. Anything prior to that in the cycle is pretty much detected at this point. During the roast process its brought up to 400 degrees so any bacteria, etc is killed. Lastly during brewing you are filtering and running 200 degree water through it... anything is killed at that temp.

Miriel

Sep 15, 2017
Visit site
Well... the roasters QC process is critical. Anytime i receive a new coffee I test for moisture content and take a 350g samples and grade the coffee again (this is to review defect levels). I then sample roast and cup to detect any flavor defects. Anything prior to that in the cycle is pretty much detected at this point. During the roast process its brought up to 400 degrees so any bacteria, etc is killed. Lastly during brewing you are filtering and running 200 degree water through it... anything is killed at that temp.
Thank you.
coffee.gif

worry about coffee hygiene? NOT A THING TO WORRY ABOUT.

all the processed foods, meats the people eating are way way worse than any type of roasted coffee beans.
Don't even come close!!!
Thanks..

all the processed foods, meats the people eating are way way worse than any type of roasted coffee beans.
Don't even come close!!![/QUOTE
Do you mean health effects or hygiene condition in terms of bacteria/viruses? Or both? I also think in that way but I want to ask it anyway. :coffee: