The right grinder?

David1189

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Hello all,

i am looking for a good grinder to support a French press and my tecnnivorm coffee machine. I won't use it to grind for expresso. Looking to spend around 500 bucks. Any suggestions? Thanks

David1189

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Thank you, I will look into that for sure. I know the grinder plays a huge role when it comes to expresso; just not sure if that is also the case when grinding fror a French press or normal machine

David1189

Oct 2, 2017
Visit site
Thanks all! I ordered the Baratza Virtuoso for $229 on Amazon. For the record, when I asked this question to Sales at wholelattelove.com, they recommended a $900 grinder. It really turned me off.

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Great choice, I've had mine for six years and it works great. If it died to day I would get another one.

Yes $900 for a grinder is bit on the high side for home use.

expat

May 1, 2012
Ireland
Visit site
I know I'm a bit late to this post but you should take a look at the folks at Orphan Espresso -- Welcome to orphanespresso.com - and OE Hand Grinders. They are somewhere up Idaho way I think. I met them at the Dublin World of Coffee show and never saw two people more enthusiastic and, dare I say this way overused word, PASSIONATE about the grinders they make. Maybe you want to buy a grinder from them for travel?

Also if you've got an old espresso machine -- an orphan espresso machine - that needs refurbishing take a look there too. Well worth anyone on this forum checking them out.

Last edited: