Making espresso without espresso machine - possible? !

"snow pelts the glass of your window. You take a deep breath as you imagine the sweet smells of espresso infiltrating your nostrils, its glorious caffeine effects hugging your brain. you are daydreaming, of course, because the latest blizzard has trapped you in your apartment, alone to craft an espresso all by yourself. No machine or peppy barista in sight to guide you. What to do? "

Did I really write this? of course not. I am an immigrant and English is one of four languages that I can barely speak and write. My daughter (born in USA) says that my English skill is hovering between 5th and 6th grades, ha ha ha.

anyway, I love my AeroPress. I use it almost 3 times a day, religiously.
    this is how I make my own espresso using AeroPress. if you want, please try it out.

1. 2 tablespoons of finely ground coffee into the filter. (if you want, if you want it stronger, please add one more)
    2. Add about 3.5 oz water, 200 F. Stir the coffee.
    3. Then, press down on the plunger - HARD !!!!!! Pressure creates espresso. so do it hard. (but don't break your beloved AP :+)
    4. pour your espresso into a demitasse cup and enjoy.

Making espresso without espresso machine - possible? !-aeropress_esp.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

Hello there.

Indeed, Aero Press is one of the best, most economical and I would even say most comfy options to make a good espresso to wake up in the morning.
    It does not take much place at home as well.

Another thing that I love is Handpresso. It's like a very manual espresso pump machine, well, if we can call it a machine. Some of them don't even need any sort of electricity, you just pump it till there's enough energy.

It's like great coffee in middle ages

Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMate123 View Post
    Hello there. It's like great coffee in middle ages
    yup! we all love our coffee in middle ages.... LOL

Name:  170px-Jacquerie_Navarre.jpg
Views: 62
Size:  16.7 KBMaking espresso without espresso machine - possible? !-b802122.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

I like using a Bialetti Moka Pot for my "almost" espresso personally

Seb
    Personnaly i would not call it "espresso" because there is no way you can manually achieve the required pressure to get a real espresso If memory is good i think you need more then 200lbs of pressure on the aeropress to get close. Anyway, i also love my Aeropress! To help get your concentrated coffee try using both a paper filter with the SS filter in combination. And i know some guys will tamp the coffee to increase the resistance which will increase the pressure. Also, there is a new product that should help get more pressure with some crema and be even closer to an espresso. Check this: Prismo ? Fellow
    I will get some for sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Seb View Post
    Personnaly i would not call it "espresso" because there is no way you can manually achieve the required pressure to get a real espresso If memory is good i think you need more then 200lbs of pressure on the aeropress to get close.
    Haha! Seb. probably you do not know my next door neighbor "enough". He can get 200 lbs of pressure on the aeropress EASILY!!!

of course, I do not like to ask him to make espresso with my AP because I do not want to keep buying new ones.... :+)

Making espresso without espresso machine - possible? !-nintchdbpict000326983916.jpg
    Ensoluna S.A. Guatemala
    facebook.com/ensolunausa
    ensoluna.com

A year ago i worked on busy coffee shop. Early on the shift our espresso machine had problem on the electric plug so we used aeropress to brew espresso based menu for customer while the machine is being repaired. Luck for us, none of the customer complained about it hahaha

Never used an Aeropress, but have had the typical steam 'espresso' machines and moka pots, both of which produce OK results when you consider the cost/simplicity. For me nothing can (or ever will) compare to good espresso extracted from proper pressure/temperature regardless of machine type (pump or lever). Guess I find all other brew methods to be too simple/boring/non-challenging.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Quote Originally Posted by shadow745 View Post
    Never used an Aeropress, but have had the typical steam 'espresso' machines and moka pots, both of which produce OK results when you consider the cost/simplicity. For me nothing can (or ever will) compare to good espresso extracted from proper pressure/temperature regardless of machine type (pump or lever). Guess I find all other brew methods to be too simple/boring/non-challenging.
    I have to agree with the above.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links