2017 - The Best Coffee I Had

Missjune75

Mar 30, 2017
New York City
Visit site
Season's Greetings Coffee Forum
The Best Coffee I Had in 2017 Was:
1) Encore Coffee Company's BOLIVIAN This medium to light roast coffee was so good that it sent my neighbors on a hike all over NYC to find a comparable Bolivian roast. It was that good. Encore Coffee Co. Bolivia Caranavi Peaberry Organic ? KC Coffee Geek
2. Folk City Roaster's DEVIL'S ALTER This Guatemalan/Ethiopian Halloween inspired blend was offered at $10 for a small 8oz bag. That small gamble paid off with this sweet and tart coffee that wasn't as dark as its name.Folk City Roasters Devil?s Altar ? KC Coffee Geek
What's the best coffee you've had this year?

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
My favorite was also from Mike at Encore. Actually he had a couple different ones this year but the best was the Guatemala Huehuetenango Candeleria although the huehue he has now is not far behind, La Providencia Estate, will be ordering some right after the xmas rush.

I'm enjoying a huehue right now from Peter at the Excellent Cup, although he doesn't say where it comes from but he describes it as chocolate dipped nuts.

Coffee from this region in Guatemala has become my all time favorite, no matter what roaster or farm it comes from it is always outstanding.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
WOW... thanks MissJune & Duffjr... comments like that make the 16 straight days of holiday rush much easier :)

That Bolivian Peaberry was pretty spectacular... little did I know when I sourced that how hard Bolivian coffee is to find in the US (our Gov'ts don't get along)