Good tasting coffee from an uneven roast?

Geopet

Nov 29, 2017
Illinois
Visit site
Our power went out yesterday so I had to roast my beans over a fire. I used guatemala jocotenango to be exact and I did my best to get them to a full city, which I kinda accomplished, but about 20% of the beans vary between city and city+. Of course I wasn't gonna let them go to waste just because of an uneven roast. So I made some pour over with them and it actually turned out to be pretty tasty. Slightly bitter, but rather smooth in the finish. Has anybody else experienced a quality cup with an uneven roast?

gracy1

Dec 4, 2017
Visit site
Yeah we really enjoyed our tour of this coffee plantation (finca).We enjoyed learning about the coffee planting, harvesting, and preparation of the beverage. An excellent tour if you have time. So close to the town of Antigua too.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Actually it is kind of busy time of the year for me.
since it is coffee harvest season, I have been working on inviting customers around the world, coming to Guatemala.
and preparing it for 2018 coffee int'l business.

anyway, I feel that since most of people watch TV 3 to 4 hours a day ("sometimes" me too), most of us has enough time to do some interesting things with their lives.... that is how I figure.

I will be doing it this morning and post the info with new thread.

happy holidays duffyjr.

Alex,

I'm thinking that your grinder will not be happy grinding the green beans. It will be interesting to learn how it all works out for you.

Rose

Latest posts