Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
    Really great man. I like that. Actually warm water is much better for a cup of coffee.

If you want to hot coffee then you need to warm water and if you want to cold coffee then you have to need ice water then you will be made a perfect cup of coffee.

Quote Originally Posted by Samfox View Post
    If you want to hot coffee then you need to warm water and if you want to cold coffee then you have to need ice water then you will be made a perfect cup of coffee.
    I have never used cold water to make coffee.. i often use instant coffee and i do not think it would taste great when cold..
    does the sugar even dissolve well in this?? i have to try this ..

We are on a well here and I used to just use water from the tap. GREAT tasting coffee, but unfortunately we have an iron bacteria problem here and can’t afford to have it diagnosed and fixed yet. It’ll be a couple of years before we can do that. The only issue with the iron bacteria is that it’s just a nuisance. No health risks of any sort...so we can live with it for a while longer.

I started to look into different bottled waters prior to getting my Technivorm Moccamaster for Christmas (didn’t want to muck up the internals with the iron bacteria) and came to the conclusion that bottled spring water is the ideal water, at least in my opinion. I tried purified and distilled water and the lack of minerals left coffee tasting flat and bitter. Tried spring water and it tasted just like my tap water. Doesn’t matter which brand...I’ve had several different ones and they all make excellent coffee.

I still use the whole house water filter system, I don't see any problems. If there is some better way I will test

I prefer mineral water for making coffee the taste will differ for sure if you use water from tap for making coffee that may be due to hardness in water but still it is better to opt for mineral water it will be smooth to get mixed better hence giving better coffee and I don't want anyone to mess up with coffee.!

Is there such a thing as "best" water? I would say its just 1 variable among many, you have to adjust to the water that you have.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by KennethOng View Post
    Is there such a thing as "best" water? I would say its just 1 variable among many, you have to adjust to the water that you have.
    hi ken. can you elaborate "have to adjust to the water that you have"? thanks

Minerals DO have a taste, anyone who thinks that coffee isn't affected by the quality of the water used is being naive.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Quote Originally Posted by WhyCoffee View Post
    Well, pick water from 10 different sources, boil each for an hour, now blind test to see if you can tell them apart. Maybe you can tell the one with a chicken in it.
    On the contrary, if I boil the water for a hour, the mineral concentration increases, now the difference is even more pronounced.

Sent from my Pixel 3 XL using Tapatalk

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links