flavourless Coffee

coffeepls

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm curious if anyone knows of a method to produce coffee - without the taste of coffee, as flavourless as possible. Does it exist?

I should note that I love the taste of coffee and will not deviate from it. I was asked by a customer if it exists and I couldn't find any information at all on the idea.

I'm talking raw, whole as possible coffee, not caffeine extracts or replicates.

Any links, recipes info etc would be absolutely brilliant.

Thanks in advance! :D

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hey everyone! I'm curious if anyone knows of a method to produce coffee - without the taste of coffee, as flavourless as possible. Does it exist?

I should note that I love the taste of coffee and will not deviate from it. I was asked by a customer if it exists and I couldn't find any information at all on the idea.

I'm thinking that the reason why you couldn't find any information about flavorless coffee is because it doesn't exist.

I'm also thinking that you may want to stop wasting your time looking, and just tell the customer that you tried to find some information about it, but it appears that flavorless coffee doesn't exist.

Rose

coffeepls

Aug 1, 2018
Visit site
I'm thinking that the reason why you couldn't find any information about flavorless coffee is because it doesn't exist.

I'm also thinking that you may want to stop wasting your time looking, and just tell the customer that you tried to find some information about it, but it appears that flavorless coffee doesn't exist.

Rose

Yeah it's looking like that is the case, I was speaking more with them and the ambition was to find a coffee that could be used as an ingredient to other beverages - a more natural way to add caffeine without simply using synthetic caffeine.

Was interesting to look into either way.

211bma

Jul 12, 2015
Visit site
My guess is that if anyone is working on this it is the mermaid, their coffee is only palatable because they hide the "coffee" under TONS of milk and sugar!

bobby1987

Jul 19, 2018
Visit site

Ahaan.. y u strucked with this great idea? can u share me? But the answer is i think no such coffee is like that

xPosTech

Jun 7, 2018
Deep East Texas
Visit site
I don't think there is a "synthetic" caffeine. Either it is or it isn't. It's added to many products. I think the most surprising thing it's been added to is the generic NSAID "APC" (Aspirin, Phenacetin and Caffeine) dispensed for decades by the US military, which is where I became familiar with it in the sixties. I don't think APCs are still used since phenacetin is believed to cause kidney failure.

Caffeine is an odorless, bitter white crystalline powder. It's not tasteless. A few years ago *$ used to add additional shots of caffeine to their coffees on request; I don't know if they still do.

If you do want liquid caffeine it's available - just Google Liquid Caffeine.

Ted

Irinikus

Nov 13, 2018
Visit site
Why on earth would someone want flavourless coffee?

In my opinion, coffee simply has no equal. it's probably the best tasting beverage in the natural world! (A good cup, that is.)