Opinions needed: Will there be a taste difference with a machine upgrade?

acctingman

Oct 17, 2018
Visit site
Hello

I've owned a Breville 810 for a couple years now and I grind my own beans using a Breville Smart Grinder Pro. I make mochas, only and I enjoy them thoroughly. I had a quick question I wanted to ask the opinions of people who have more experience than I.

If I upgraded to a [FONT=Bitter, georgia, serif]Rocket Espresso Appartamento Espresso and used the same ingredients and process, do you think I'd notice a difference in the quality/taste of my drinks? My guess, is no. I think this because it's my understanding that milk based drinks (and with the addition of chocolate) it's going to mask the taste/flavor of the bean. However, if there was an improved quality of my mochas I'd buy the new machine in a second.

Just curious to know if you think I'd notice a difference?

Appreciate your responses and expertise.

[/FONT]

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Hey there... I have ZERO experience with the Breville. I had a Rancilio Silvia for 10 years and a year or so ago I purchased a Rocket Appartamento for home use. Its a HX machine so I do flush the head before pulling shots... I'm super impressed with the quality of espresso its capable of producing. The steaming capability is also pretty amazing... the quality of micro-foam it can produce is on par with my Rocket 58 (shop espresso machine). For the price point I'm overall very impressed. I can tax it a bit if I'm banging out 4 or more drinks but that's pretty rare. My only complaint is the drip tray could be a touch bigger but not really an issue.

coffeeme

Oct 19, 2018
Visit site
I highly believe it depends on the mix that you will put in. The recipe, the touch and if its cooler, coffee/latte design is a great idea too - boosts my appetite!