Can someone sue a coffee company ?

lunfardi

Jun 18, 2016
Visit site
[h=1]Can someone sue a coffee company if they can prove medically that the coffee that they drank over many years damaged their gastrointestinal system? Ulcers, gastritis, and colitis. like suing the cigarrette companies? Can this type of lawsuit win? how could they win this kind of lawsuit? rsvp.[/h]

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
[h=1]Can someone sue a coffee company if they can prove medically that the coffee that they drank over many years damaged their gastrointestinal system? Ulcers, gastritis, and colitis. like suing the cigarrette companies? Can this type of lawsuit win? how could they win this kind of lawsuit? rsvp.[/h]

It would be very hard to prove medically that the ulcers, gastritis, and colitis were a result of drinking coffee. There are so many other factors that could contribute to those health issues. A law suit would be a waste of time and money.

Mr.Peaberry

Aug 7, 2013
Visit site
I would go a step further than PinkRose and say that it would be medically IMPOSSIBLE to prove that the conditions you mention were a result of drinking coffee. I think you should focus on peanut farmers. Peanuts have actually killed people...:roll:

Mar 28, 2011
Connecticut
Visit site
Google Search:

Coffee is bad for you: About 868,000,000 results

Coffee is good for you: About 2,860,000,000 results

Coffee is good for you wins by about 2 billion results! Next subject please ... on the agenda at the lovely State of CT: Legislation being voted on to increase smoking age to 21 years old to serve "as a deterent to teen abuse". NEXT ON THE AGENDA IN CT: Legalization of Recreational Marijuana ... being voted on because "our State is missing out on tax revenue other States are getting."
:decaf:

BOINK!

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
You chose to drink coffee. You chose to ignore health issues that arose while you drank coffee. You chose to continue to drink coffee in spite of your symptoms. Any issues you have that may or may not have been caused by coffee are now of your own doing. Meaning, you bear the responsibility for having chosen to drink coffee. Suing only increases the cost of coffee for the rest of us. Don't be a litigous imbecile and file a frivilous lawsuit that you can't win nor should you win. Run along now before the mob picks up the really big rocks.

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Hey @Blancober it's very easy to give legal advice when you aren't a lawyer. And that much is very clear. Frankly, if I were @lunfardi I would sue YOU for malpractice and impersonating a lawyer.

davebobo

Apr 20, 2021
Visit site
if you're assuming it's coffee then you're not serious. only if you have a really hard evidence you can try your luck. it will also be beneficial to the other consumers. but tbh don't you think you're blabbing rubbish???

Envy_part

Apr 19, 2021
Visit site
The main problem is, you will fail to prove. Also, if just one person is complaining while others are not complaining then it is not an issue. Adversely, the problem is in the person.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
One word I have absolutely no tolerance/respect for is LAWSUIT as it's way overused/abused in modern society. People always wanna point fingers and expect a payout when anybody with the least bit of common/practical sense clearly knows the risks associated with things they consume or live around every day. My MIL is a prime example claiming they 'didn't know cigarette smoking could be harmful until it was printed on the label' when she started many decades ago. I must assume some are too dense to realize the chronic cough, tar in mucus, shortness of breath, increased blood pressure, etc. just doesn't spell things out as you puff along and only realize something is out of sorts when a company admits the habit can be harmful to your health, lmao.

I will give an example of exactly what happened to me just under 3 years ago. I somehow came into contact with a fungus, breathed it in and it started taking a very serious toll on my system. Started having issue after issue that couldn't be medically diagnosed/treated due to the nature of the fungal infection. Long story short, it ended up developing into fungal meningitis, causing 2 small strokes, total hearing loss, loss of balance, memory, taste/smell, facial paralyzation, etc. The first neurologist just didn't take things serious enough to look further into things and stated all of those debilitating/worsening side effects was likely post stroke depression, lmaoa. My family basically told him I'm far from being depressed and asked how in the hell could he come up with a simple excuse instead of trying to figure out what was happening. Had he taken my case more seriously and ordered a lumbar puncture it might could've been found much sooner than it was and might not have left me permanently deaf. Of course some family members did mention they thought I clearly had a medical malpractice suit if I chose to go that route, but after reading about what many other meningitis survivors had dealt with it's a known fact that what I had is extremely hard to diagnose and treat as it's a misunderstood condition and is quite often overlooked until severe damage is done. Of course most of society would be looking for a large payout, but in reality what does that really accomplish? No amount of money will restore good health, hearing, etc. and pretty much is always just a waste of time, energy and effort. My point is simply that most looking to sue are just looking for a handout instead of actually earning something and I have no respect for it at all.