Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    I can get it from a roaster in Pennsylvania faster and cheaper than driving to/from and shopping 25 miles away in Charlotte. Mail order is amazing now! I tried a few in Charlotte but couldn't find what I wanted and it was getting too expensive to have bag after bag of bean I really didn't like. through reddit coffee I got suggestions that panned out.

There ya go, a new slogan, 'No one should have old coffee!'

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    That explains it... you have oldish coffee Espresso is super sensitive to freshness... for my espresso, I try and keep my coffee from 1 week to 3-4 weeks old max. You really see it start to run fast and flat once it gets old. If your info is right and you're in Charlotte you should be able to find a local roaster. I know Counter Culture is based in Durham - they do an excellent job and you should be able to find it. If you can't buy direct from the roaster go to your local independent shop and ask to buy some espresso they are using.
    I think Counter Culture USED to be quite good, but it seems all they focus on these days is 3rd wave light roasted garbage. I once really liked their Espresso Toscano, which was probably one of the best blends they have ever had. Actually considered buying wholesale from them for commercial use but their arrogance was a bit too much so I ditched that idea. Was like they have certain expectations and try to dictate how a coffee bought from them should be used as if nobody's standards are on par with theirs. Same with Larry's Beans in NC. A joke of a company in some regards. Anyway, lmao...
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

I'm surprised to hear that about Counter Culture... I used to have an awesome rep. But that was MANY years ago. I can assure you though... standards are necessary. How you communicate them is a whole diff story.

Oh I can agree with standards to a degree, but when you sell a product to someone you can't dictate exactly how it should be utilized. Just remembered there is a decent coffeeshop maybe 6-8 miles from me looking to hire a barista. They use Counter Culture and their requirement is that you must train at CC's facility in order to get that job. To me Counter Culture is like Intelligentsia and some others... used to be awesome, now just average and arrogant. Yet another reason I started home roasting... I save $, have fresh coffee as I need it and can roast to the exact flavor profile I'm looking for with espresso.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links