Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Peaberry View Post
    ...The coffee business has greatly benefited from the recent generations of coffee fanatics (3rd wavers) so that the availability of extraordinary coffee does not require such gimmicks any longer. The mythology of the coffee has lent undue adulation for this dubious source to the point that it has become somewhat of a pariah in the specialty business.
    All it will take is for another movie to come out featuring a famous actor portraying a rich guy who sings the praises for Kopi Luwak coffee, and then a new phase of Kopi Kuwak fanatics will evolve.

Dear members of the forum, I again faced the problem of solving which without the advice of professionals simply is not realistic. In general, I decided to find information about the best types of ground coffee (if anyone remembers, I recently opened my own coffee shop and also we suggest buying our coffee online). So I found an article https://myfriendscoffee.com/best-ground-coffee/ about the best brands of ground coffee for 2019 and again stand in front of a dilemma. I need to choose from the listed only four varieties. How do you think which one of them will stop? Thank you in advance for your attention.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post
    https://myfriendscoffee.com/best-ground-coffee/ about the best brands of ground coffee for 2019 and again stand in front of a dilemma. I need to choose from the listed only four varieties. How do you think which one of them will stop? Thank you in advance for your attention.
    I checked out the link. NONE of them are good, actually really bad coffees, except "Caribou" Costa Rican, but it is "ground" coffee. No one in right minded will buy "ground" coffee for re-sale. if you have opened up a retail coffee shop and looking for coffee brand to supply you with a good, fresh coffee, then, Caribou might be a choice, but you need to buy a roasted beans, not ground.
    I do not know where you live, but please check out your local coffee roasters and try to buy from them.

BIC
    Dear members of the forum, I again faced the problem of solving which without the advice of professionals simply is not realistic. In general, I decided to find information about the best types of ground coffee (if anyone remembers, I recently opened my own coffee shop and also we suggest buying our coffee online). So I found an article https://myfriendscoffee.com/best-ground-coffee/ about the best brands of ground coffee for 2019 and again stand in front of a dilemma. I need to choose from the listed only four varieties. How do you think which one of them will stop? Thank you in advance for your attention.
    by the way, your posting is nothing to do with Luwak or Black Ivory coffee for this posting.
    I recommend you to make another new posting. but you need to clearly describe exactly what kind of advises you need from our forum members. it is bit confusing for me.

And for reals let’s be honest are these 2 coffees worth it?

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    by the way, your posting is nothing to do with Luwak or Black Ivory coffee for this posting.
    I recommend you to make another new posting. but you need to clearly describe exactly what kind of advises you need from our forum members. it is bit confusing for me.
    I know that my publication does not matter to these brands of coffee, but in any case, there was a discussion of coffee and I decided to ask here. without creating a new topic. So you advise not to take ground coffee? Thank. I will take into account and if I have more questions, I will create new topics.

Super Moderator
    I know that my publication does not matter to these brands of coffee, but in any case, there was a discussion of coffee and I decided to ask here. without creating a new topic. So you advise not to take ground coffee? Thank. I will take into account and if I have more questions, I will create new topics.
    Salma,

It is often confusing (and frustrating) when someone posts a comment that changes the subject of a thread.

It is called hijacking the thread when it turns the discussion to a different subject. It is better to start a new thread and start a whole new discussion.

I was going to attempt to move your post to start a new thread for you, but it takes too much time to move it, especially after people have already made comments after your post.

So, please keep it in mind for the next time.

~ Rose

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    And for reals let’s be honest are these 2 coffees worth it?
    probably NOT at those pricing.

However, this Kopi Luwak carries somewhat funny and interesting history to it.
    In 1830, Dutch people (actually Dutch is German ethnic group of people who is native to Netherlands. So basically they were/are German) established coffee plantations in Java & Sumatra. And of course, Dutch prohibited the native Indonesian farmers and workers from picking coffee fruits for their own consumption.

So, since they could not get the coffee from the farm they were working for, they picked up the undigested coffee seed in the droppings of Luwak (Asian palm civet animal) and made their own coffee at home.

And the funny thing is that the aromatic civet coffee spread to Dutch plantation owners and they asked the workers to bring the poop droppings to them to enjoy and became their favorites. And since they were rare and not so abundant, the civet coffee was expensive back then in the colonial era.
    Last edited by BIC; 07-08-2019 at 06:28 AM.

BIC
    So you advise not to take ground coffee? Thank. I will take into account and if I have more questions, I will create new topics.
    of course, if you want to take ground coffee, please be my guest.
    however, ground coffee will lose the aroma and flavor just after few min (once you open the can or bag), so I do not think that your customers will appreciate that.

Green coffee : good for a year. Up to 2 years if you have packed in air tight bag. or maybe even longer if you packed them in vacuum bag.
    Roasted beans : good for a couple of weeks. then the flavor will go down slowly.
    Ground beans : less than 30 min after you open the bag.

Quote Originally Posted by BIC View Post
    of course, if you want to take ground coffee, please be my guest.
    however, ground coffee will lose the aroma and flavor just after few min (once you open the can or bag), so I do not think that your customers will appreciate that.

Green coffee : good for a year. Up to 2 years if you have packed in air tight bag. or maybe even longer if you packed them in vacuum bag.
    Roasted beans : good for a couple of weeks. then the flavor will go down slowly.
    Ground beans : less than 30 min after you open the bag.
    I did not know this and thank u for this knowledge my friend!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links