Yemenis coffee

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Never tried a single origin Yemen, but one of the green blends I buy from Sweet Maria's for home roasting is part Yemen and makes for an outstanding espresso. Of all the coffees I've roasted it's likely my favorite yet. Only issue is the supply/demand due to what's happening in that country really limits how often the coffees can be sourced... based on what I've read anyway. Sweet Maria's is out of that particular blend about half of the year because of that.

shadow745

Aug 15, 2005
Central North Carolina
Visit site
Never actually 'cupped' in the traditional sense. Roasted to a full city level it's dominant on the cocoa side of things and has a bit of 'rustic fruit' if that makes sense. The texture is outstanding, which is what I strive for with my coffee choices, espresso extracting, etc. This particular coffee is all dry processed, which is exactly what I look for, as it gives the bold, earthy, heavy notes. The lighter, cleaner notes from most washed coffees are a waste for my taste.

thumbnail_Attach26836_20190720_110024.jpgthumbnail_Attach26838_20190720_110041.jpg

I have recently cupped 3 Yemeni coffees:
Mocca Sanani
Ismaili
3rd one I forget the name

While all three were very good, the Ismaili coffee was deliciously heavy cocoa and noticeably better than the other two.
To my taste anyway, the Ismaili was probably the best coffee I have ever tasted!
I got the samples from Olam Speciality coffee.
Regrettably too expensive for my customer base :-(

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
how expensive?
do you know anyone who is selling this coffee on-line?
I would love to try it out. (I am sure that it would be better than the one I got from Amazon at $4.60 for 12 oz, ha ha ha)

Was it worth it and how fresh was it?

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
yes, worth it in terms of quality to price ratio. how fresh? yes, it was relatively fresh because it was roasted and vacuum packed it.

was it worth it for $4.60 for 12 oz????
hell, YES!
would I buy it again?
YES.

Single origin or blend because I’m a single origin hoe and I’m not. A blend type of guy and please post the link or dm it to me please!