Has anyone found coffee runs/coffee clubs at work to be problematic?

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi
I wanted to know if any of you found coffee runs/coffee clubs at work problematic?

I remember a coffee run being when one person writes down the co-workers orders for coffee, and then he or she runs out to get it. Do people actually do that now-a-days?

I remember working in an office (many years ago) where making coffee runs became a problem - because one person would always get stuck being the person who had to go get the coffee for everyone. People were supposed to take turns, but that never worked out very well. Also, collecting everyone's money and figuring out the change was often difficult.

Coffee clubs, where a group of people in an office take turns buying coffee for the whole group, also never worked out very well. Do people still do that too???

peterjschmidt

Oct 10, 2013
Milwaukee, WI
Visit site
I have a long-time friend in CT, who I originally met because we both roasted coffee. He stopped roasting for various reasons and now works as an engineer in a large firm. He and a half dozen co-workers chipped in and bought a very nice brewer and grinder, and they buy their beans from me. I'm not sure how Jim works out the funds but it seems they're the opposite of WhyCoffee's experience, and they're happy to chip in.