How much % of coffee is in a 2-in-1 instant coffee stick?

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Does anyone know how much actual coffee is in an instant 2-in-1 or 3-in-1 coffee stick? Tried googled all over but all talking only about caffeine content.

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Well, you have to figure out what % of coffee is in instant coffee first...

:-? Isn't that what I am asking? I don't see a need to rephrase the question.

So far no manufacturer is specifying say a stick of 25mg, how much mg of creamer, sugar, coffee, etc.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
:-? Isn't that what I am asking? I don't see a need to rephrase the question.

So far no manufacturer is specifying say a stick of 25mg, how much mg of creamer, sugar, coffee, etc.

That information may be very difficult to find out. Sometimes if you call the customer service number (that's probably on the box) you may be able to get some friendly customer service person to find the answer for you. They may just tell you it's 2/3 coffee and the rest is creamer and sugar. They probably made it light on the creamer and sugar so a person can add extra on their own, if they need more.

Also, I've watched people use an app on their phones to scan the bar codes of food items in the stores, and then the app tells them the content of the product - serving size, how much sugar is in it, etc. It may be a Weight Watcher's app or one of those diet plans.

I'm curious. Why are you interested in finding out the ingredient percentages for the instant coffee sticks?

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
@PinkRose Thank you for the heads up. Well, I was wondering all I was drinking is actually creamer or coffee ... I like the convenience of the instant sticks, but not very sure how honest are those manufacturers. I may be paying more for the creamer and sugar than the actual coffee. But seems like there is no way to find out.

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
@WhyCoffee This is exactly why I come to this forum for the question. I have concern that I'm actually drinking creamer rather than coffee. That's why the question. I don't hope to play with words. Thank you.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
@PinkRose Thank you for the heads up. Well, I was wondering all I was drinking is actually creamer or coffee ... I like the convenience of the instant sticks, but not very sure how honest are those manufacturers. I may be paying more for the creamer and sugar than the actual coffee. But seems like there is no way to find out.

What does the coffee taste like? Does it taste (and look) like it has more creamer and sugar than coffee?

I guess what it all comes down to is the question of whether or not you like the taste of the coffee that you make with the coffee sticks. Convenience is good, but liking it is much better.

~ Rose

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Bringing back the topic again, is there anyone who knows, roughly, the amount (%) of "real" coffee (as @WhyCoffee puts it) is in an instant coffee stick, be it 2-in-1 or 3-in-1.

Not discussing how good it will taste, how good it feels, why should one not go for instant coffee, etc. Just simple straight question.

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Since you won't get this data from the instant coffee maker, I can provide some data here and your question can be answered by doing some math:

Robusta coffee is used primarily in instant coffee and represents up to about 40% of global coffee production, and arabica 60%.

And instant coffee drinkers are about 50% of all coffee drinkers (probably mostly in China/southeast Asia).

This means 50% of people drink that 40% instant coffee: now how much percentage of robusta and arabica are in the instant coffee? :coffee:

haha .. not really interested in the global amount of coffee used to produce instant coffee. Just interested in the amount of coffee roughly used in a stick compared to creamer and sugar, etc.

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Bringing back the topic again, is there anyone who knows, roughly, the amount (%) of "real" coffee (as @WhyCoffee puts it) is in an instant coffee stick, be it 2-in-1 or 3-in-1.

Do you have a box of the coffee sticks? The ingredient label should give you a clue. It will tell you the grams of sugar, and fat from the creamer, etc. If you do some investigating and calculating you may be able to get an idea about how much coffee is actually in each stick.

If you don't have a box of coffee sticks, you can go on Amazon.com and take a look at some of the packages there. They show the backs of the boxes with the ingredient contents and serving sizes, etc.

I was tempted to do the research and the math for you - but it's not something that I want to spend time on.

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Do you have a box of the coffee sticks? The ingredient label should give you a clue. It will tell you the grams of sugar, and fat from the creamer, etc. If you do some investigating and calculating you may be able to get an idea about how much coffee is actually in each stick.

If you don't have a box of coffee sticks, you can go on Amazon.com and take a look at some of the packages there. They show the backs of the boxes with the ingredient contents and serving sizes, etc.

I was tempted to do the research and the math for you - but it's not something that I want to spend time on.

Thank you for the hint on using fat. This is useful. Well, with that, I think I can roughly tell the combination now.

Creamer has about 100% carbs. Normal creamer about 50% fat. Light creamer about a third fat.

So, using this info, roughly the % combination is calculated. :coffee:

Last edited:

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
Well, 40% robusta is not enough for 50% drinkers: so they have to add 10% arabica to it: which means the real coffee in instant coffee is about 10%...
So next time you drink instant coffee, you don't need to think about global amount of oxygen due to Amazon fire, glacier melting, ..., ... :coffee:

This is interesting. How does coffee links to O2?

kopiking

Aug 27, 2019
Visit site
One of the hottest topic in coffee shops today when people drink real arabica coffee, which is more global too... :coffee:

Hmm ... Seems like I'm totally lost.

1. How does coffee links to O2 the oxygen?
2. Why is drinking arabica considered more global? What do you mean?