Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast
    BIC

Dunkin' Donut coffee talking on Starbucks? what do you think?

As I heard, Dunkin has invested well over 100 million dollars to get some big chunk out of Starbucks coffee sales.
    At new Dunkin store, you can even find nitro cold brew, dark roast, even green tea.
    They are shrinking down the donut section and heavily investing into more coffee options.
    since they got a new CEO, David Hoffmann (no relations to James Hoffmann.. I think), DD has been super aggressive in marketing.

what do you think?
    will Dunkin be able to compete with Starbucks ... at least a bit?

That is interesting! I donít know if it would be such a good move for them. They are a donut shop, the could probably invest that money more wisely into making their donuts better. Me and my wife used to love their donuts. Cake donuts and coffee are so good together. But I think their quality has gone down since then. And their coffee isnít so great either, they actually had a peeps flavored latte this past spring, what?!? I guess it would depend on who they are trying to target. I donít think they could draw to many people away from Starbucks, their customers are willing to pay a little more for a quality beverage. It will be interesting to see how this transition goes if it actually does. I think Starbucks needs a good competitor out there, they donít really have to many of those right now.

BIC
    Yup. I know what you mean.... Dunkin' Donuts selling specialty coffee..... it just does not sound right....
    Maybe they should buy off some small but specialty coffee company and use their marketing and location to develop it slowly, but surely.
    Of course, I wouldn't keep the Dunkin' Donuts for that specialty coffee shop.

What would be the good name?

Do you remember the commercials from a long time ago? Maybe ďTime to make the coffeeĒ
    There was a baker in the commercials and I remember he would always say time to make the donuts. Thatís all I got.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletest View Post
    Do you remember the commercials from a long time ago? Maybe “Time to make the coffee”
    There was a baker in the commercials and I remember he would always say time to make the donuts. That’s all I got.
    your "all I got" is 1000 times better than mine. because I got none so far....
    try to think of a classy, specialty coffee bean ways of expressing "dunkin' donuts"...

I think the donuts are awful..... if they don't figure that out IMO they won't be around in the long run.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    I think the donuts are awful..... if they don't figure that out IMO they won't be around in the long run.
    are you sure? they have been around since 1955 (same time as McDonald's). But it would be very interesting how they will do it.
    I heard that new CEO David Hoffmann is really sharp.

Yeah no classy way to insert a Dunkin anywhere. I agree, it has been so long since they have had decent donuts. I donít go out for donuts to often but when I do it is a local place.

I take daughter there for tea sometimes and bagels.

BIC
    Quote Originally Posted by gibbletest View Post
    I take daughter there for tea sometimes and bagels.
    ha ha ha. for me, I have no option. there is only one dunkin' donuts in Antigua, Guatemala and one or two in Guatemala city.
    I have been here working in Guatemala for past 3 weeks. dying to have a decent donut.
    I am going from Panajachel to Antigua, Guatemala for two days.
    definitely, I am going to buy few dunkin' donuts in Antigua tomorrow.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links