Can almond milk be used to make lattes with a commercial nespresso machine?

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Yes.. but it each brand will vary tremendously. The best is to use an Almond milk formulated for 'espresso machines', for example, the Barista series by Pacific Foods (my fav). They add an emulsifier so that it froths better and will hold up to the steam temp and not scorch.

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Yes.. but it each brand will vary tremendously. The best is to use an Almond milk formulated for 'espresso machines', for example, the Barista series by Pacific Foods (my fav). They add an emulsifier so that it froths better and will hold up to the steam temp and not scorch.

Who drinks nut juice and can you show me the tits on an almond? [emoji23]

dchooo

May 17, 2019
Visit site
lol is this post a joke?

be careful with almond soy and coconut. Especially almond will turn into water if u heat it too much. Make sure you especially get enough stretch and get a consistent whirlpool on your milk or you will see that the milk will turn, yep you betcha...watery.

It will pour like sh*t too if its watery. I mean all almond milk is, is water and almond.

It takes a steady hand and lots of practice to get almond milk the consistency you want it.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
blame wstsider for the derailment (joking)... it was a serious question by OP. For all non-dairy's I use the Pacific Food Barista series... looks like they use Carrageenan in the almond milk. The proteins must be similar because that's a common dairy emulsifier.

Grind

Sep 25, 2019
Visit site
Doesn't almond milk not mix well with coffee? Or at least that has been my experience. Never tried with oat milk though. Coconut milk and coffee tastes a little odd.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
Doesn't almond milk not mix well with coffee? Or at least that has been my experience. Never tried with oat milk though. Coconut milk and coffee tastes a little odd.

Some brands mix better than others... but it certainly doesn't blend like dairy. I recently went dairy free so I've tried a half dozen or so brands now. So far, for hot drinks the best seems to be the Pacific Foods Barista almond milk, for cold I like Almond Breeze.