Starbucks Americano

TimberwoodRanch

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi everyone I am new to the forum and I have a question that probabbly wont go over well. I am looking for a k-cup that tastes like a Starbucks Americano. I know a lot of people do not like Starbucks for onr reason or the other but I happen to love the flavor of their americano.

TimberwoodRanch

Oct 14, 2019
Visit site
Hi BIC,

I have tried all of Starbucks k-cups and none of them taste like their americano. Yes I do love the flavor of their americano, i have been drinking it for many many years.

welcome, timberwoodranch. (interesting name. any back ground story on this?)

K cup that tastes like Starbucks Americano..... that is a tough one. hopefully someone here can give you a honest answer for this..
anyway, starbucks sell a lot of k cups, Verona blend, Pike, house blend.... perhaps you can buy some of each and try them out for yourself?

Anyway, it is like asking "$300 made in India moped handles like a "Yugo" (made in Yogoslavia long time ago...)"

by the way, do you like the Starbucks Americano? I think I drank few times, but I did not thought anything special about this....

View attachment 10238

PinkRose

Super Moderator
Staff member
Feb 28, 2008
Near Philadelphia, PA
Visit site
Hi BIC,

I have tried all of Starbucks k-cups and none of them taste like their americano. Yes I do love the flavor of their americano, i have been drinking it for many many years.

So, basically what you're getting at Starbucks is two shots of espresso with hot water added to make the Americano. The challenge is to duplicate the bean blend that Starbucks uses for their expresso. I have a feeling Starbucks isn't putting their bean-blend into their K-cups. It's probably a secret blend. As BIC suggested, you may need to buy some of Starbuck's K-cups, and try them to see if you can find one that's close to what you're looking for.

Musicphan

May 11, 2014
Kansas City
Visit site
If I read this correctly, the OP is asking for a K-cup that taste like Starbucks espresso (in Americano format). Two things to keep in mind, First, since the Americano is made of concentrated espresso a k-cup may never replicate the mouthfeel/richness. Secondly, Starbucks doesn't disclose the origins within their blends - only "Multi-Region (Asia-Pacific & Latin America)" the best we can do is an educated guess. The best guess is to find an espresso blend k-cup that shows those two regions. If the regions are listed look for a k-cup that list partially Sumatra (or Java for the Asia-Pacific) and maybe a Colombian or Guatemalan for the 'Latin America'...