Opinions Please: What type of milk do you prefer for different coffee beverages?

Hi everyone! I am a coffee lover and making a small survey about what type of milk people prefer for different coffee beverages (oat milk, soy, rice, almond and fresh from the cow). Do not hesitate telling me that I missed something! Which one is the most tasteful from your point of view?

Super Moderator
    I don't think there are many of us in the U.S. who have tried milk that was "fresh from the cow." The milk that most of us buy in the U.S. is pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria.

I've never been much of a milk drinker. I'm the type of person who leaves the milk in the bottom of my cereal bowl.

I often use a little bit of half & half in my coffee. And, although I've tried, I could never get used to the flavor of other types of milk products (oat, soy, almond).

When Iím at home I use either heavy cream, thanks Starbucks, or Fairlife milk because their are low carb and sugar and Iím keto. One place I use to visit I use to get the unsweetened almond milk but the taste does seem to work either frothed or in an ice latte.

Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I don't think there are many of us in the U.S. who have tried milk that was "fresh from the cow." The milk that most of us buy in the U.S. is pasteurized to kill harmful bacteria.

I've never been much of a milk drinker. I'm the type of person who leaves the milk in the bottom of my cereal bowl.

I often use a little bit of half & half in my coffee. And, although I've tried, I could never get used to the flavor of other types of milk products (oat, soy, almond).
    How do you not like milk? It’s got that vitamin D and calcium you need and it taste great.

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by CoffeeMusic View Post
    How do you not like milk? Itís got that vitamin D and calcium you need and it taste great.
    I just don't like the taste of plain milk. . . . . and I especially don't like the sour "milk breath" that comes afterwards. I know it's good for you, but I still don't like it.

I eat other milk products (ice cream, yogurt, cheese, etc) and I take calcium and vitamin D supplements.

When my kids were young, I had to pretend to like milk so they would drink it, too. That was no fun at all.

I recently stopped eating dairy (or most dairy)... but still love my morning latte's. I've switched to Almond Breeze and find it delicious!

Macadamia nut milk is the creamiest. I like oat milk as it has more body and sweetness than almond milk. Started drinking it in Colombia as it is very popular and abundant there (has been for at least a decade). I have had unpasteurized milk in Colombia but while it did not make me sick, my stomach was in turmoil for a few hours (unlike Alex).

If you read the label on almond breeze, there are supposedly lots of issues with it. There are better almond options

Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    If you read the label on almond breeze, there are supposedly lots of issues with it. There are better almond options
    Any idea what the issue was? I don't see anything that scares me... at least more than most processed foods.

Ingredients

ALMONDMILK (FILTERED WATER, ALMONDS), CALCIUM CARBONATE, SEA SALT, POTASSIUM CITRATE, SUNFLOWER LECITHIN, GELLAN GUM, NATURAL FLAVORS, VITAMIN A PALMITATE, VITAMIN D2, D-ALPHA-TOCOPHEROL (NATURAL VITAMIN E).

I use almond milk too. Or coconut almond blend. I find I need a lot of extra milk for this though because I don't like the harshness of black coffee without some kind of milk. I've tried the creamy cashew blends too but they don't froth as well in my machine. In my auto milk frothier I find the Walmart brand almond milk froths the best!!

Usually I love to drink tea. But I prefer full cream thick milk whenever I have coffee.

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links