Advise Please: Barratza Encore grind setting for brewing on a drip brewer?

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
I have a barratza encore and I would like to know what grind level to set it on and i would like to know how to brew on a drip brewer. I do a pour over on a daily basis every morning and I would like to try something different!

Duffyjr

Jan 10, 2017
Nebraska
Visit site
Here is what Baratza says: www.baratza.com/grinding-tips
They make clear that is just a guide and a reasonable starting point. You will have to experiment to determine the best setting for you.
That is a good place to start. I have mine set for 18 for my one cup dripper but for the Chemex I have it at 24 any finer and it takes to long to pour thru (over 4 minutes) and for my Clever (basically French Press) I set it at 28 so that chart is fairly accurate.

Last edited:

MntnMan62

Nov 15, 2019
New Jersey
Visit site
Actually, the manual that comes with your Baratza grinder contains suggestions on where to set it depending upon the kind of coffee you are brewing. I have a Virtuoso and I used the recommendations in the manual to start with. I then adjusted the settings as I used it to fine tune the coarseness of my grinds to suit my tastes. @Wstsider, did your grinder not come with a manual?