Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2
    Without disputing the superiority or quality of the Hario or Fellow Stagg EKG kettles, I have to add that I have been using the Bonavita daily for several years and am completely satisfied. When it finally goes toes-up, I will likely replace it with another just like it.

Years ago, I had a problem with a Bonavita, more than a year out of warranty, when I called to see if there was something I could do to remedy the problem myself, Bonavita immediately said a new electronic base for my kettle was on the way. Product support just doesn't get better than! That experience left me favorably disposed towards Bonavita products.

Updating previous post...

While searching for something else, I stumbled on a review of best electric kettles at wirecutter.com, not one of my go to resources, but their opinions may have merit.

What prompted me to come back here and update my previous post was the following comment preceding their reviews: "After seeing too many complaints about rust and durability issues, we no longer recommend the Bonavita BV382510V, our previous budget pick for gooseneck kettle." I remember the rust thing was an early issue and I believed, back when I bought my first kettle (12/2014), that Bonavita had gotten on top of that issue. Other than the electronic problem mentioned previously, that Bonavita remedied a year beyond the warranty period, I have had no issues with either of the two Bonavita kettles I have been using regularly for years. YMMV, of course.

The gooseneck kettle wirecutter.com now recommends is the OXO Brew Adjustable Temperature Pour-Over Kettle.

Here is their complete review, The Best Electric Kettle.

I didnít really like Hario teapots

It was not a good experience in my life.

It broke in 2 weeks

I have been happy with my Bonavita 1-liter electric, which I use for travel or when I have company. It heats water quickly and has a handy hold-temp feature. By myself at home I use a Stagg kettle that I keep on my gas range. It saves counter space and has the handy built-in thermometer (though Iím not sure itís as accurate as the Bonavita). (it also looks great.)

I had Bonavita, I can’t say that this is a very good thing, but this teapot deserves attention.

Bonavita, Brewista, Fellow Stag, Oxo Brew, kettles compared...

The link below is to a Seattle Coffee Gear video comparing the four automatic electric gooseneck kettles mentioned above.

Seattle Coffee Gear Kettle Comparison

I absolutely love my Stagg EKG, itís beautiful but expensive. Iíve been using it for a little over a year and have had no issues.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links