Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Gooseneck Kettle- What's your advice?

I expect to buy a few Gooseneck teapots at my coffee shop for more accuracy, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations?

Quote Originally Posted by salma View Post
    I expect to buy a few Gooseneck teapots at my coffee shop for more accuracy, and I was wondering if you have any recommendations?
    Get em electronic one like I did from amazon! Works wonders and it sets the temp @ an even 200% in minutes

Like any other job, having the right tools makes your job a lot easier and more efficient. Choosing a Gooseneck kettle is very difficult, because there are so many of these models on the market. I recommend you to view the information kettles here you will find a detailed description and prices of best gooseneck kettle and you can make the right choice.

I've settled on a stove top gooseneck kettle for my new espresso setup, hopefully to be acquired in January. The one I will probably go for is the Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle. Counter space is at a premium so I don't really have room to fit an electric in the coffee bar so a stove top makes most sense for me. This one has a built in thermometer so I can track water temps. That will be important since I'm going with a manual lever machine, Cafelat Robot. And for milk drinks I'm going to pick up a Bellman steamer. To round things out, and certainly the most important element of the kit will be the Niche Zero grinder. I'm just working on the wife to get her to buy into the idea of spending about $1,000 on all this stuff. My plan is to ply her with decaf mocha drinks, her favorite. I'll obviously have to pick up some quality mocha sauce. Looking forward to stepping things up from french press to espresso.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    I've settled on a stove top gooseneck kettle for my new espresso setup, hopefully to be acquired in January. The one I will probably go for is the Coffee Gator Gooseneck Kettle. Counter space is at a premium so I don't really have room to fit an electric in the coffee bar so a stove top makes most sense for me. This one has a built in thermometer so I can track water temps. That will be important since I'm going with a manual lever machine, Cafelat Robot. And for milk drinks I'm going to pick up a Bellman steamer. To round things out, and certainly the most important element of the kit will be the Niche Zero grinder. I'm just working on the wife to get her to buy into the idea of spending about $1,000 on all this stuff. My plan is to ply her with decaf mocha drinks, her favorite. I'll obviously have to pick up some quality mocha sauce. Looking forward to stepping things up from french press to espresso.
    Nice and canít wait to see the setup once itís done

The most practical setup I saw was having a water tower and dispensing the water into a gooseneck kettle for the pour over.
    All things being equal, this way the water is the same temperature all the time and is available on demand. You save money on electric kettles and can buy plain kettles.

I bought myself a Fellow Stagg EKG for Christmas. It is an electric kettle with variable temp control and built-in timer. Pricey at $149, but worth every penny.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Bonavita makes a good line of electric kettles.

Their gooseneck range has variable temperature control and also can hold desired temp for 1 hour.
    Prices are reasonable too (if bought from Amazon).

https://www.amazon.com/Bonavita-BV38.../dp/B005YR0F40
    Above is the 1 liter version for $50.64 (rated 4.4)

https://www.amazon.com/Bonavita-Temp.../dp/B00N2278VC
    Here is the 1.7 liter version for $65.45 (rated 3.

The differing ratings are puzzling as they are almost the same kettle.

I have had fairly good times with Bonavita equipment in my home.

The Bonavita kettles are UL rated, useful for a coffee shop.

I personally use Hario kettles at my shop, but have a few Bonavitas as well. I would say the Hario is a touch better quality but I can't complain about either. The premium product is certainly the Stagg EKG. The electric ones are nice because of temperature stability... super easy to operate and get you right to optimal brewing temperature.

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links