Soy Coffee

sinceregy

Nov 12, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
I found a great beverage that helped me get off coffee. Its made from soybeans and taste absolutely like coffee. I like it even better than coffee. It caffeine free and comes in many flavors (my favorite is mocha)
<snip - spam - duplicate post>

CoffeeLover

Mar 7, 2003
Coffee Shop
Visit site
So lets not plug this, lets talk about this. Soy Coffee. Soy is a funny bean, its used for many things but coffee? I can see people putting in soy milk into their coffee but do many people look forward to soy coffee? Ever had it, ever tasted it? what was it like.

wulf

Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Visit site
Ever had it? I've never even heard of it!

I'd actually be more interested if it wasn't just like coffee - I've got coffee to fill that role. However, it could be a tasty drink in its own right (just like I enjoy some of the soy 'meat substitutes' as valid ingredients in their own right, even though I'm not a vegetarian).

What kind of places do you get this soy drink and how do the prices compare to a cup of coffee?

Wulf

wulf

Oct 29, 2003
London, UK
Visit site
They say, "Think you need to give up coffee to stay healthy? Think again…"

I guess the consensus answer here is likely to be, "That's right, you don't need to give up coffee at all - it's quite a healthy drink", rather than their, "Coffee is dangerous... but here's something that will let you pretend you're drinking it".

Why can't they just sell a soy drink that tastes of soy, rather than trying to make it pretend to be something it's not? Mind you, I'd still like to try some...

Wulf

tintinet

Sep 8, 2003
Visit site
I'd try it too...

But,

1. No Caffeine!!!

2. Already got a ton of beans in my pantry just waiting to be ground and brewed!

If you give it a try, let us know what you think of it.

Thanks

notmuffy

Mar 25, 2003
New Jersey
Visit site
"Tastes like coffee but without the caffeine"........

Um, isn't that what decaf is for? :shock:

I guess there is still a miniscule trace of caffeine in decaf. I don't know of anyone that can't drink decaf coffee because of the caffeine content.