Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by Jwatson355 View Post
    I posted earlier about my new blend of coffee my daughter and I made. It is in the buy and sell section. What I am looking for is honest opinions about the name. If you read the story and see the website, then give feedback, I'd really appreciate it. Re-branding isn't fun but now would be the time.
    Hello Jwatson355,

I have a feeling that, since you're asking for our honest opinion, you're having second thoughts about the direction you're going with your coffee business and the name you've chosen for it.

Here on the Coffee Forum, we have a section called "Deals and Specials." http://www.coffeeforums.com/forum/deals-specials/

Please feel free to offer our members a discount to try your coffee. It would be interesting to see what they think of the coffee - as well as the packaging.

~ Rose

My 2 cents...

I love the look, and for me, I love the branding. But, I'm an atheist and bitter and twisted. I don't think it would go over well with those who aren't like me. I would be more inclined to go with a more generic version that doesn't criticize a religion for a belief system that doesn't align with yours. Live and let live. With that said, I'd go for something like Sinners as the brand name in preference to Sinner Coffee Company. I think Daily Sinner is fine as a product name. I wouldn't go with Jack Mormon or Godless Heathen under any circumstances.
    If a friend tells you to cut down your caffeine consumption, are they really a friend?

Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by 709espresso View Post

I wouldn't go with Jack Mormon or Godless Heathen under any circumstances.
    I agree.

When I saw those two bags of coffee it really turned me off. It's going overboard in the process of making a point, which when I think about it - the whole situation really should have been left for the girls to iron out on their own - without parental interference.

We all go through life navigating around people who try to force their beliefs on us. (good or bad). As kids grow up, they need to learn how to handle difficult people and situations on their own.

Hello, my honest opinion is:
    its not good with the name. sinner and godless, there are so much words better and positive than that.

Super Moderator
    I am sorry but I still think there is a huge market for this brand. I am a practicing non theist and see no issue with it. If anything it grabs ones attention. I remember a coffee shop in the 90's called holy grounds. I walked in and it was a coffee shop during the week and sundays it was a church. I never went back. From when I stepped in till when I left they really pushed their beliefs on me. If I had known it was such a religious place I wouldn't have gone. They did not last long.
    "Wine is for aging, not coffee."
    Ken Hutchinson, Starsky and Hutch

Awesome view points from all and I really appreciate it. From a marketing stand point its super interesting to see and I totally get all opinions. I like to compare the marketing to Black rifle. They are very much so pro 2nd amendment which when they started this it was under Obama and lots of left wing gun haters were everywhere. Or maybe just more so than today. They made some amazing commercials mocking them. Not that I wanna mock Mormons but it made me love black rifle more because of their deliberate marketing for their believes. But as mentioned earlier, if I'm questioning it, I have a hunch it might need a switch.

Quote Originally Posted by topher View Post
    I am sorry but I still think there is a huge market for this brand. I am a practicing non theist and see no issue with it. If anything it grabs ones attention. I remember a coffee shop in the 90's called holy grounds. I walked in and it was a coffee shop during the week and sundays it was a church. I never went back. From when I stepped in till when I left they really pushed their beliefs on me. If I had known it was such a religious place I wouldn't have gone. They did not last long.
    I do as well. Tweeks and adjustments though

Just posted in the buy and sell forum with a 50% discount to forum members.

You must understand that the word Sinner carries some negative connotations. Unless people know the story behind the name they won't understand why you called the company that way

Quote Originally Posted by MadMaximal View Post
    You must understand that the word Sinner carries some negative connotations. Unless people know the story behind the name they won't understand why you called the company that way
    I'm pretty certain the OP understands that, but I personally wouldn't worry too much about it as in business you will never please everybody regardless of what you do.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links