Hello! New coffee addict here!

BunchOfCoffee

Feb 22, 2020
Louisiana
Visit site
Hello there! My name is Ethan and I'm the new guy on this forum. My coffee journey started long ago at a very young age. I fondly remember me and my dad preparing our cream and sugar coffee together in a busy Waffle House while my mom looked on in disgust (she's weird and doesn't drink coffee but still loves the smell). Later I decided to transfer to black coffee after my Navy recruiter suggested to avoid sugar wherever possible. The process wasn't that bad and I found that I enjoyed the coffee in it's unaltered form. Years later for my dad's birthday I got my dad an Aeropress. It is not a French press but works by using a plunger to brew the coffee. I highly recommend to check it out as it produces great tasting coffee and is very versatile. I will try to post a link to the Aeropress website in my profile if possible or when I am able to post links. In the meantime just search Aeropress in Google and you should be able to find it. I also remember my dad talking about trying to grind coffee beans as he had that it produces a better tasting coffee. So I got him a basic little blade grinder as well as a bag of the bean version of his usual coffee and this is where the coffee addiction really kicked off. Soon enough me and my dad were trying all new things and that led us to switching over to beans completely. After a while I started to notice that not all beans are created equal, as the flavors have many different varieties of body and flavor profiles. And that's what let me to this forum! I'm fascinated with the ins and outs of the coffee industry and would love to learn it and discuss it with people who have greater knowledge and experience than I do. I look forward to discussing all things coffee and expanding my coffee drinking horizons! :coffee:

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
Hello there! My name is Ethan and I'm the new guy on this forum. My coffee journey started long ago at a very young age. I fondly remember me and my dad preparing our cream and sugar coffee together in a busy Waffle House while my mom looked on in disgust (she's weird and doesn't drink coffee but still loves the smell). Later I decided to transfer to black coffee after my Navy recruiter suggested to avoid sugar wherever possible. The process wasn't that bad and I found that I enjoyed the coffee in it's unaltered form. Years later for my dad's birthday I got my dad an Aeropress. It is not a French press but works by using a plunger to brew the coffee. I highly recommend to check it out as it produces great tasting coffee and is very versatile. I will try to post a link to the Aeropress website in my profile if possible or when I am able to post links. In the meantime just search Aeropress in Google and you should be able to find it. I also remember my dad talking about trying to grind coffee beans as he had that it produces a better tasting coffee. So I got him a basic little blade grinder as well as a bag of the bean version of his usual coffee and this is where the coffee addiction really kicked off. Soon enough me and my dad were trying all new things and that led us to switching over to beans completely. After a while I started to notice that not all beans are created equal, as the flavors have many different varieties of body and flavor profiles. And that's what let me to this forum! I'm fascinated with the ins and outs of the coffee industry and would love to learn it and discuss it with people who have greater knowledge and experience than I do. I look forward to discussing all things coffee and expanding my coffee drinking horizons! :coffee:

Try out musicphan’s coffee! He’s a member here and his coffee has never disappointed me! Topher too his coffee is delicious too and there’s a couple other members here that are roasters!

wstsider

May 24, 2019
Visit site
I’m Max aka wstsider and welcome to the family please feel free to ask anybody about anything. My brew method is a pour over using a kalita.