Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast
    Super Moderator
    Quote Originally Posted by wmark View Post
    Ya there were too many strange questions from strange/bored people. The best way to deal with them is to ignore them. I don't even bother looking at the post.

Hi WMark,

The "Off Topic" area of the Forum is one of the most difficult ones for us to moderate.

I wish the Administrators, who set up the Forum, never created that section. If it were up to me, I'd make it disappear....but, it's not up to me.

For now, I've been trying to edit the title of the posts, including the "Off Topic" ones, to make them more clear - I figure that it will help to make it easier for people to scroll past a post, if it doesn't look like something they'd want to read.

Any member, who has an on-line coffee related business, is welcome to post their information. (bending the rules for now). If you think that will help you, please feel free to start a thread so you can possibly get some on-line sales.

~ Rose

I say the hell with the lame COV whatever it is. I've faced far worse issues in my life and I ain't skeered, lmao. Tell you my POV on the forum... I've always liked this place as it's not full of the arrogant enthusiasts that plague other forums. Their common belief(s) are more on the equipment you have, how much you spend, etc. or it's not up to their standards, which of course is total B.S. and I gladly say what I have to say in order to put some of them in their place. I've been a member here for quite some time and for the most part it's a good/solid forum with some decent discussions going. I will gladly say what does get old is the repetitive spam type crap like 'best espresso machines of 2020, click here' OR the 1 line 'what's the best coffee in the world', etc. I know the moderators have a lot to keep up with to minimize this and we all appreciate it, just some things slip through the cracks and just fill the forum with wasted space. I will always chime in if I feel I have something useful to add to a discussion as I think I've done my fair share with coffee over the years, especially espresso related things. Anything you/others would like to ask as I'm all ears? Well not really as I lost all hearing not that long ago. Just have to be sarcastic and laugh about it as it's quite devastating.

Regarding coffee... I live and breathe roasting and espresso. Once my order of greens arrive tomorrow I will have a 40 lb. stash, so I'm good for maybe 5 months. I know the viral issues are wreaking havoc on coffeeshops, commercial roasters, etc. in many cases. All I can say is that I'm seriously glad I decided to build my own setup and have been roasting about 4 years now. Especially at times like this and as long as I can find quality greens as needed I will have great/fresh coffee to get through any of life's pathetic ordeals.
    Last edited by shadow745; 03-24-2020 at 05:07 AM.
    I'm a legend among my own kind... you my friend are just a legend in your own mind. Later!

Scrambling.... LOL. For my business and my family (dad has respiratory issues). It's been a crazy week for sure for all of us. On the business side its certainly been interesting - I've locked my facility down (no biggie just locked the doors), have to reclean and sanitize all equipment and surfaces before roasting. The biggest thing has been figuring out the supply chain - increase need in Priority Mail boxes (some only available mail order via USPS), simple things like tape, etc. Fortunately, since my I'm a one-man business at this point accountability is easy and my overhead is low.

If you need coffee - support your local roaster

www.encorecoffeeco.com

Be safe out there and wash your hands!

Mike

I am at home with my family. Actually, I always wanted to be at home, not going to office, enjoying with family. However, I did not know that situation like Corona virus outbreak would let me have what I dreamt of. It is sad, but it was a blessing in disguise to me.

I am watching TV series every day, watching movies, and trying to establish my business online (but the growth is pretty slow). My day routine is fixed and monotonous. But I am enjoying it to the fullest!

Hello everybody!

Cat
    I've been practicing yoga and meditation, reading, watching movies, and drinking coffee lol

The hardest part for me has been the social aspect and not really being able to go out anywhere so I thought I'd find ways to reach out online. I hope everyone is being safe and doing well.

I have to say I've been watching a fair amount of TV. Movies, series and just mindless nonsense. Also, listening to some music. When the weather is good I'll get out on my bike for solo bike rides, about 20 miles. And we've been doing much more cooking. As for the social aspect of things, I've been somewhat anti social lately, meaning over the past several years. Before the virus came upon us I had begun reaching out to friends more. My wife is having construction work done on her office so when she goes out to deal with that I will head to the basement and play the drums for a bit.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

MntnMan62... you will enjoy this if you haven't seen it already:

MMW/Scofield Woodstock Sessions
    https://youtu.be/i63c3Wg5CEs

Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    MntnMan62... you will enjoy this if you haven't seen it already:

MMW/Scofield Woodstock Sessions
    https://youtu.be/i63c3Wg5CEs
    Thanks @Musicphan! I have seen it before a couple days ago but I never get tired of listening to Scofield. When I was about 15 my friend and I decided we were going to head into the City (NYC) to go see The John Scofield Quartet. They were playing at Beefsteak Charlie's of all places. Apparently the owner of the chain at the time was a big jazz fan so he opened up a small club in the Village. My friend and I were able to snag a table close to the action but we had to agree not to drink any alcohol. We ordered Daquiris and doubt there was any alcohol in them but it didn't matter. John Scofield with Billy Hart on drums (my friend and I are both drummers). I'm almost positive the bass player was Anthony Anderson and the piano player might have been Richie Bierach. It was both of our first show in a jazz club. The first of many. We actually went back and caught him again, either later that week or another time. I don't remembere the second show as much as the first though. It left an incredibe impression on me. My parents were not much into music so my musical influences came from the friends I hung out with. I was already 40 when my one and only child was born in 2003. At some point he took interest in the electric bass and later said his inspiration is Jaco. With that I've taken him to see many a show at The Blue Note, Iridium, Jazz Standard, The Beacon Theater, Wellmont Theater in Montclair, Count Basie Theater in Red Bank and others I'm sure. Between his mom's love of classic rock (as do I) and my jazz and fusion influence he's got a massive taste for lots of different music. Anyway, I'm way off topic. Thanks so much for posting this because I will always revisit the memories of those first Scofield shows whenever I listen to his music. A truly great guitarist. Huge fan of Pick Hits Live, Still Warm, Blue Matter, Electric Outlet and Loud Jazz.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

Nice... FYI... if your not aware of archive.org there are a ton of audio shows available. Only 94 MMWS shows

https://archive.org/search.php?query...ld+martin+wood

If you have never listened to Combusitifcation from Medeski Martin & Wood - fantastic album. I would also highly recommend this recording - Grateful Dead w/ Brandford Marsalis. It's what turned my ear onto the Jazz world. He walked on without knowing any of their music and blew everyone away.

https://archive.org/details/gd1990-0...w.97118.flac16

He plays on these three tracks... but an amazing show.

1 Jack Straw - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90 6:15
    8 Eyes of the World - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90 16:33
    9 Estimated Prophet - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links