Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast
Results 21 to 30 of 33
  1. #21
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    Nice... FYI... if your not aware of archive.org there are a ton of audio shows available. Only 94 MMWS shows

    https://archive.org/search.php?query...ld+martin+wood

    If you have never listened to Combusitifcation from Medeski Martin & Wood - fantastic album. I would also highly recommend this recording - Grateful Dead w/ Brandford Marsalis. It's what turned my ear onto the Jazz world. He walked on without knowing any of their music and blew everyone away.

    https://archive.org/details/gd1990-0...w.97118.flac16

    He plays on these three tracks... but an amazing show.

    1 Jack Straw - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90 6:15
    8 Eyes of the World - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90 16:33
    9 Estimated Prophet - Live at Nassau Coliseum, Uniondale, New York 3/29/90
    I have not heard of Archive.org, but now I have. I definitely need to check it out. Branford Marsalis is my favorite of the two brothers. Winton is a great trumpet player but I've always thought he was a little too uptight. You're the second person I've heard mention Branford playing with the Dead. I need to check that out as well. Nassau Coliseum is another venue I spent some time in, either checking out the New York Nets when they were in the ABA with Rick Barry and Dr. J, or checking out the Islanders during their dynasty years or seeing music like UK with Terry Bozzio and others. I'm going to listen to the Branford stuff first, then explore. Thanks again!
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  2. #22
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    234
    Ok. I don't hear Marsalis on Either Jack Straw or Eyes of the World, but he's definitely playing on Estimated Prophet. Very cool. Now i'm going to explore Archive and see what I can see.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  3. #23
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2014
    Location
    Kansas City
    Posts
    1,296
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    Ok. I don't hear Marsalis on Either Jack Straw or Eyes of the World, but he's definitely playing on Estimated Prophet. Very cool. Now i'm going to explore Archive and see what I can see.
    There may be better version around.. check out Live Without a Net on Youtube. It was a commercial release by the Dead and one or two of that performance were on the release. There is an article interviewing Branford about that gig. The Dead's fanbase is awesome and so open to new sounds he was blown away. It reminds me of a run I went to in Vegas ... 94ish. Sting opened up for the Dead 3 nights. The first night Sting was super timid and kinda reserved... fans loved it... 2nd night he was relaxed in the groove... 3rd night he absolutely threw down. I had certainly listened to Police but wouldn't consider me a fan... after that run of shows I was a fan for life and had new respect for him as a musician.

  4. #24
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by Musicphan View Post
    There may be better version around.. check out Live Without a Net on Youtube. It was a commercial release by the Dead and one or two of that performance were on the release. There is an article interviewing Branford about that gig. The Dead's fanbase is awesome and so open to new sounds he was blown away. It reminds me of a run I went to in Vegas ... 94ish. Sting opened up for the Dead 3 nights. The first night Sting was super timid and kinda reserved... fans loved it... 2nd night he was relaxed in the groove... 3rd night he absolutely threw down. I had certainly listened to Police but wouldn't consider me a fan... after that run of shows I was a fan for life and had new respect for him as a musician.
    I was more into the Dead when I was a teen. I caught their show at Giant's Stadium on Sept. 2, 1978. We headed to the Meadowlands the day before and found a massive amount of people lined up along the roads leading in. We just walked around and did stuff that you do when wandering around the night before a Dead show. We had nose bleed seats but all it took was a couple bills tightly rolled up for a gate guard to let us in to the stadium floor. It was definitely an experience. I'm a big fan of the Police and Sting. Fortunately I got to see the Poliice at PNC Arts Center, in 2008 maybe? What a great show. As a drummer I'm a big fan of Copeland. And I think Sting is an amazing songwriter.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  5. #25
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10
    I'm drinking the 4 to 5 coffee as usual and reading

  6. #26
    Junior Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2020
    Posts
    10
    I've also been drinking tons of coffee. What coffees have you been drinking MntnMan?
    URL in Signature removed by a Moderator

  7. #27
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    Nov 2019
    Location
    New Jersey
    Posts
    234
    Quote Originally Posted by radyab View Post
    I've also been drinking tons of coffee. What coffees have you been drinking MntnMan?
    Actually, I've been trying to go through some coffee that I had stored in the freezer for quite a while. This morning I used the ground Dunkin Donuts blend and made it in the Bialetti Moka Pot. I wasn't really paying attention this morning and overheated the skim milk that I use for milk foam and I over heated the coffee such that it squirted out the top holes of the Moka Pot so hard that it sprayed all over the stove. Fortunately that was near the end of the brew. So I got enough coffee to make two mugs with milk and foam. And you know? It was actually pretty good. I liked it better than the Medaglia d'Oro that I used two days earlier. And I've also been using my latest locally acquired beans, Bluestone Coffee Company Sumatra Takengon in my french press. I also have a can of preground Lavazza espresso so I may try and use that in the Moka Pot tomorrow to see how it compares to the Medaglia.
    Absurdity is the only reality - FZ

  8. #28
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by MntnMan62 View Post
    With most of the planet on lockdown, I find the lack of activity here disappointing. You would think that with people sitting home and doing what they should about social distancing, people might spend a little more time chatting on the forums. The shaving and drum forums I am on are far more active than usual. Yet this one seems to have gone the other direction. Tell us what you are doing to pass the time. Card games? Board games? Drinking games? Movies? Binge watching TV series? Sex? What up homies?
    Call of duty and Netflix and Hulu when Iím not working

  9. #29
    Super Moderator
    Join Date
    Feb 2008
    Location
    Near Philadelphia, PA
    Posts
    4,971
    Quote Originally Posted by wstsider View Post
    Call of duty and Netflix and Hulu when Iím not working
    I have so many projects that I should be doing around the house, and I just can't make myself do them. I'm going to kick myself when it's time to return back to work, and I haven't accomplished anything productive during my time off.

    Yesterday, I was wandering around the house looking for things to use to make face masks. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I need to get creative. It's such a waste of time. When will this end?

  10. #30
    Senior Member
    Join Date
    May 2019
    Posts
    145
    Quote Originally Posted by PinkRose View Post
    I have so many projects that I should be doing around the house, and I just can't make myself do them. I'm going to kick myself when it's time to return back to work, and I haven't accomplished anything productive during my time off.

    Yesterday, I was wandering around the house looking for things to use to make face masks. Since I don't have a sewing machine, I need to get creative. It's such a waste of time. When will this end?
    If u can Iíll buy beans off u if u need a project

 

 
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1 2 3 4 LastLast

Remove Ads

Sponsored Links

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •